Picking Up iPhone 4 At An Apple Store? What Time Are You Getting There?

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I know you can pick up starting at 7AM on the 24th...just curious how early people are planning on showing up? I was thinking 6AM myself. Hopefully it won't take hours to get through the line if you have a phone reserved, but this is my first experience with getting the device on launch day, so I have no idea what to expect.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It usually runs faster with the reserved line. The good thing is that you are able to take it home and activate it yourself.

kberry66

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
So if you reserve one are you guaranteed of getting one?? I have tried all day to pre-order one and can only get it to reserve one. Did anyone go through this with the 3G?

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Ghostface,

So are you saying they hand you the phone, swipe your credit card and away you go to activate at home by plugging into iTunes? They don't have to do any sort of set up or activation in store that might slow things down? I hope that's the case. Just hand me my phone, let me pay you, and be on my way. :)

Thndrct619

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if the AT&T account is in my wifes name but I am getting the phone for me, will I be able to pick it up if I reserved it or will my wife have to go and pick it up?

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
@WcHorse...read again, it says pre-authorization doesn't guarantee you an iPhone. Reservations do. Meaning if you are pre-authorized buy att to get one, you are not guaranteed one, you have to go through with the reservation.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Ghostface,

So are you saying they hand you the phone, swipe your credit card and away you go to activate at home by plugging into iTunes? They don't have to do any sort of set up or activation in store that might slow things down? I hope that's the case. Just hand me my phone, let me pay you, and be on my way. :)

That's the way I understand it yes.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Since I wasn't able to order one online today I was able to reserve one, so I will be at my local apple store about 6:00am ... I am guessing the reserve line will get me out by 8:00am or so.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't care to the first in line, I just want to at least be at work by 8:10. I also plan to actually sleep nice and comfy, so I won't be out camping out all night like some clowns. Maybe get there around 5:30.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
If reserved there is no gaurantee. It says so in your email confirmation. Read the small print.

Yeah, but if you get there in the morning and have a reservation it's pretty much guaranteed. The reserve line gets to go first till it's completed and then they start letting the non reserver line in after.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think it'll be a nightmare. I'll probably go at 5am. Best to get there early and get it over with. Got 3 phones reserved.

At least i've gotten AT&T to solve my little problem of my upgrade saying 8/12/10 and apple's saying 2/12/11. Now its saying i'm good to go for lowest pricing. They credited me 50.00 for my troubles. But its the main thing that prevented me from preordering and getting it shipped to me.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
What happens if you go in the afternoon and you have it reserved. Do you have to wait in line with the common people? Does the reserve line only happen in the morning?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if the AT&T account is in my wifes name but I am getting the phone for me, will I be able to pick it up if I reserved it or will my wife have to go and pick it up?

At Apple, ONLY the primary account holder can sign the contract

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but if you get there in the morning and have a reservation it's pretty much guaranteed. The reserve line gets to go first till it's completed and then they start letting the non reserver line in after.

Good to know. Thanks

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I plan on being first in line so I'll get there probably at 4:30-5:00am. I like to get in and get the EFF out. Apple stores are frustrating on normal days as it is, I can't imagine what its going to be like next Thursday morning...

What sucks is that my Apple store is in a mall which will make this process even more frustrating. Cest la vie...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I plan on being first in line so I'll get there probably at 4:30-5:00am. I like to get in and get the EFF out. Apple stores are frustrating on normal days as it is, I can't imagine what its going to be like next Thursday morning...

What sucks is that my Apple store is in a mall which will make this process even more frustrating. Cest la vie...

You won't be the first in line at that time..

I'm just hoping i can still see the door when i get there.

Last year was nothing. I walked into an AT&T store at 9am (standard opening) and walked out 10min later with a 3GS on launch day. No preorder or reservation. There wasn't even a line.

That's not happening this year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice