I know you can pick up starting at 7AM on the 24th...just curious how early people are planning on showing up? I was thinking 6AM myself. Hopefully it won't take hours to get through the line if you have a phone reserved, but this is my first experience with getting the device on launch day, so I have no idea what to expect.
    06-15-2010 07:12 PM
    It usually runs faster with the reserved line. The good thing is that you are able to take it home and activate it yourself.
    06-15-2010 07:19 PM
    Hey Ghostface, keep me posted on your situation. It seems we may be in the same boat.
    06-15-2010 08:02 PM
    I'll probably get there at 6:45. I'm figuring the reserve line will go quick
    06-15-2010 08:08 PM
    So if you reserve one are you guaranteed of getting one?? I have tried all day to pre-order one and can only get it to reserve one. Did anyone go through this with the 3G?
    06-15-2010 08:26 PM
    If reserved there is no gaurantee. It says so in your email confirmation. Read the small print.
    06-15-2010 08:56 PM
    Ghostface,

So are you saying they hand you the phone, swipe your credit card and away you go to activate at home by plugging into iTunes? They don't have to do any sort of set up or activation in store that might slow things down? I hope that's the case. Just hand me my phone, let me pay you, and be on my way.
    06-15-2010 09:26 PM
    Does anyone know if the AT&T account is in my wifes name but I am getting the phone for me, will I be able to pick it up if I reserved it or will my wife have to go and pick it up?
    06-15-2010 09:28 PM
    @WcHorse...read again, it says pre-authorization doesn't guarantee you an iPhone. Reservations do. Meaning if you are pre-authorized buy att to get one, you are not guaranteed one, you have to go through with the reservation.
    06-16-2010 12:55 AM
    Ghostface,

So are you saying they hand you the phone, swipe your credit card and away you go to activate at home by plugging into iTunes? They don't have to do any sort of set up or activation in store that might slow things down? I hope that's the case. Just hand me my phone, let me pay you, and be on my way.

That's the way I understand it yes.
    06-16-2010 01:04 AM
    Since I wasn't able to order one online today I was able to reserve one, so I will be at my local apple store about 6:00am ... I am guessing the reserve line will get me out by 8:00am or so.
    06-16-2010 01:15 AM
    I want to be first in line. So I think I will show up at 4 or 5. Haven't decided what time yet.
    06-17-2010 09:14 AM
    I don't care to the first in line, I just want to at least be at work by 8:10. I also plan to actually sleep nice and comfy, so I won't be out camping out all night like some clowns. Maybe get there around 5:30.
    06-17-2010 09:32 AM
    If reserved there is no gaurantee. It says so in your email confirmation. Read the small print.
    Yeah, but if you get there in the morning and have a reservation it's pretty much guaranteed. The reserve line gets to go first till it's completed and then they start letting the non reserver line in after.
    06-17-2010 09:48 AM
    I think it'll be a nightmare. I'll probably go at 5am. Best to get there early and get it over with. Got 3 phones reserved.

At least i've gotten AT&T to solve my little problem of my upgrade saying 8/12/10 and apple's saying 2/12/11. Now its saying i'm good to go for lowest pricing. They credited me 50.00 for my troubles. But its the main thing that prevented me from preordering and getting it shipped to me.
    06-17-2010 10:06 AM
    What happens if you go in the afternoon and you have it reserved. Do you have to wait in line with the common people? Does the reserve line only happen in the morning?
    06-17-2010 10:44 AM
    Does anyone know if the AT&T account is in my wifes name but I am getting the phone for me, will I be able to pick it up if I reserved it or will my wife have to go and pick it up?
    At Apple, ONLY the primary account holder can sign the contract
    06-17-2010 02:09 PM
    Yeah, but if you get there in the morning and have a reservation it's pretty much guaranteed. The reserve line gets to go first till it's completed and then they start letting the non reserver line in after.
    Good to know. Thanks
    06-17-2010 02:10 PM
    I plan on being first in line so I'll get there probably at 4:30-5:00am. I like to get in and get the EFF out. Apple stores are frustrating on normal days as it is, I can't imagine what its going to be like next Thursday morning...

What sucks is that my Apple store is in a mall which will make this process even more frustrating. Cest la vie...
    06-17-2010 02:32 PM
    I plan on being first in line so I'll get there probably at 4:30-5:00am. I like to get in and get the EFF out. Apple stores are frustrating on normal days as it is, I can't imagine what its going to be like next Thursday morning...

What sucks is that my Apple store is in a mall which will make this process even more frustrating. Cest la vie...
    You won't be the first in line at that time..

I'm just hoping i can still see the door when i get there.

Last year was nothing. I walked into an AT&T store at 9am (standard opening) and walked out 10min later with a 3GS on launch day. No preorder or reservation. There wasn't even a line.

That's not happening this year.
    06-17-2010 11:14 PM
    At Apple, ONLY the primary account holder can sign the contract
    This is actually not true. I know because I called both apple and AT&T to verify. I am in a situation (like many) where both my wife and I have an iPhone, but only one person can be listed as the primary account holder. Since she bought my original 3G for me as a gift, she is listed as the primary.

Per both AT&T and Apple, to sign the contract you must either be the primary or be listed as a "Retail authorized user". A "Retail authorized user" is basically like having admin rights. Anyone with this privilege can make any change the primary can make, including signing a contract.

However, note that you will not have "retail authorized user" status by default, and per both, if you don't have it, no iPhone 4 for you.

You can check this my logging in to your AT&T account. If you don't have it the primary can add a retail authorized user via the website, on the phone or in an AT&T store. (Website is easiest.)
    06-18-2010 01:25 PM
    Similar yet slightly different than Thndrct619's post. I was able to reserve a phone at the apple store for pick up on the 24th but being a glutton for punishment continued to try all day long to order one and be able to have it delivered to me directly. I was able to do it and so my phone will be coming on launch day. HOWEVER, my boss wants to get the new iphone too will i be able to go with him to the apple store and pick up the one I reserved and give to him to pay for/register?
    06-18-2010 01:49 PM
    This is actually not true. I know because I called both apple and AT&T to verify. I am in a situation (like many) where both my wife and I have an iPhone, but only one person can be listed as the primary account holder. Since she bought my original 3G for me as a gift, she is listed as the primary.

Per both AT&T and Apple, to sign the contract you must either be the primary or be listed as a "Retail authorized user". A "Retail authorized user" is basically like having admin rights. Anyone with this privilege can make any change the primary can make, including signing a contract.

However, note that you will not have "retail authorized user" status by default, and per both, if you don't have it, no iPhone 4 for you.

You can check this my logging in to your AT&T account. If you don't have it the primary can add a retail authorized user via the website, on the phone or in an AT&T store. (Website is easiest.)
    That's great news... i'm in the same boat and was trying to figure out how the account holder could get the day off work. i added myself and now can just show up early and get it done.
    06-18-2010 01:54 PM
    That's great news... i'm in the same boat and was trying to figure out how the account holder could get the day off work. i added myself and now can just show up early and get it done.
    Trust me...Apple will not let you sign the contract unless your the primary account holder. AT&T will allow
    06-19-2010 01:56 PM
    The reserve line gets to go first till it's completed and then they start letting the non reserver line in after.
    That's not how the Apple Stores I've been to have done it in the past. They have both lines go in, but the reserved line gets more people in. I believe it was a 5:1 ratio for the iPad. So for every 5 people in the reserved line that went in, 1 person from the non-reserved line went in.
    06-19-2010 02:15 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD