Ok, I finally got Apple's site to work, and now I have another hiccup. I have a Family Plan with 4 lines. My line is not eligible for an upgrade until February, but I have another line that is eligible now. The manager at the AT&T store confirmed that I would be able to use the upgrade on that line for my iPhone, but obviously Apple doesn't know that's what I want to do, so they're trying to set it up as a new iPhone plan. I'd really like to keep my unlimited plan, as I'm regularly up around that 2 GB mark (sometimes over), and for $5 I'll keep the peace of mind. Anyone else in this situation and have any ideas? Or am I just stuck waiting for two weeks hoping I can get one at launch?
    06-15-2010 03:45 PM
    Ok, I finally got Apple's site to work, and now I have another hiccup. I have a Family Plan with 4 lines. My line is not eligible for an upgrade until February, but I have another line that is eligible now. The manager at the AT&T store confirmed that I would be able to use the upgrade on that line for my iPhone, but obviously Apple doesn't know that's what I want to do, so they're trying to set it up as a new iPhone plan. I'd really like to keep my unlimited plan, as I'm regularly up around that 2 GB mark (sometimes over), and for $5 I'll keep the peace of mind. Anyone else in this situation and have any ideas? Or am I just stuck waiting for two weeks hoping I can get one at launch?
    seems like to me you could just enter the phone number for that line into apple's site and any other information if you have it and it should work. and i though as far as family plan data plans go it is 45 a month for the whole family plan. or am i wrong?
    06-15-2010 03:47 PM
    I'm in the same situation, except I'm just using my moms upgrade, then the AT&T store will then transfer it over to my plan. I lose my unlimited Data, but I barely even use a GB, so I'll be happy saving $5 a month!
    06-15-2010 03:47 PM
    seems like to me you could just enter the phone number for that line into apple's site and any other information if you have it and it should work. and i though as far as family plan data plans go it is 45 a month for the whole family plan. or am i wrong?
    When I enter the number for my line, I get an unable to process my request error and they tell me to make an appointment at the Apple store. I'm assuming it's because this line isn't eligible for an upgrade yet, but it could just be a result of the same issues we've all had all morning.

I have 4 lines on my plan, 2 iPhones, 2 not. The upgrade is on one of the non-iPhone lines, so it thinks I want to turn that into an iPhone plan. AT&T's site is even more jacked up than Apple's right now, so I'm probably just going to end up waiting anyway. I'll have iOS 4 next week to hold me over.
    06-15-2010 03:53 PM
    is the line thats elgible an iPhone line ??? if not, it WILL be an iphone line, even tho you can swap the sims and use the iPhone 4 on your line,,,
    06-15-2010 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD