Former Blackberry User, joining the darkside

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
just got the iphone last Fri. really miss BBM. but everything else is significantly better. is there an app that even comes close to BBM

I was one of those that thought I would miss BBM too! Was only a day or two and that feeling was gone! Love what the iPhone does! If you're looking for a BBM type messenger then give LiveProfile a try! I've been using it since release and they have released several updates and it's working very smooth now! It's a cross platform messenger for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.

Suefnp

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've gone from Crack to the Dark Side

I finally gave in and switched from Blackberry after 4 years of being a devote Crackhead. I loved the keyboard on the Bold 9650, its zip, and how I could organize things better than the iphone. But I must admit, this Verizon iphone 4 is pretty sweet! I already had tons of apps for my itouch and ipad, and now I can use the phone for facetime with my college based kids. I still can't type worth a darn on the virtual keyboard, and miss many aspects of the BB but I am happy. I will miss listening to Kevin and the other geeks on their Crackberry podcasts, but Rene and Georgia seem to do a great job and are more consistent.:):)

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry is about a decade behind iphone, and yes I was a recent crackberry user who switched over to iphone about 3 weeks ago. But honestly blackberry is a piece of sh*t, compared to iphone and even android isnt much better.

Reactions: Msvoluptous#IM

TechNoid

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Soo I've been an avid blackberry enthusiast since the original pearl came out which was my first foray into the smartphone arena. Since then nothing the iPhone ever put out really impressed me even though I do love the iPhone as a gaming platform, as a phone I just felt it lacked the full package.. until I saw the iPhone 4. And wow am I blown away, I was just wondering if any of you have switched from blackberry and could help ease the process.

I think what I will miss most is the LED indicator, I've heard it's annoying having to check your phone for messages/calls all the time.

I had a blackberry. Miss the good battery life, the keyboard, BBM, the clean screen and the menu buttons. The iphone has incredible apps though. It's all about the apps. I hate having to carry my iphone charger with me though.

Phone call quality on my iphone 4 kind of sucks too. The blackberry was crystal clear. On the iphone, people can't understand me half the time.

I have the rubber bumper and I am not holding the phone tightly. I have full bars in terms of signal strength.

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I switched over from a BB Bold 9650 and the iPhone just does everything better. Better message notification and no blinking lights, soft keyboard which speeded up my typing, sufing the web is so much better with the iPhone and the retina display a huge plus for the eyes. An HD video cam and a very good camera and thousands of apps to pick from. What else can I say.

cdycus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, unfortunately all of my emails are POP so Microsoft Exchange won't work....at least it hasn't yet. Since I will be using this phone for "business application" i will need to sync "cal, contacts, tasks, and memos". I have been searching for ways to do this and there doesn't seem to be a simple answer. Does this phone function , syncing, editing, etc, in a business climate.

Am I reading this wrong, or is this a joke? How can you say you need it for business applications, but still use POP mail?

cdycus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am a Bold 9700 user (with leaked OS6) that just bought an iPad2. I don't know if/when I will change to an iPhone. If I change from BB, I haven't decided if I will go for Droid or iOS yet.

The main feature I would miss from BES is the Flag for Follow-up. I can't tell if maybe my friends don't use it or what, but is there a way to have that work through activesync? That's really what I need to work :)

Note: Flag for follow-up sync to exchange only, not "star" in gmail or anything else.

To answer my own question, I have decided to stick to a BlackBerry phone as it has everything I want/need. I could only see myself going to an iPhone if I hadn't bought the iPad.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I will be leaving blackberry very soon as well. I didn't consider the LED notification until I read your post! I too, will have a hard time getting use to that..but its not big enough to prevent me from switching... i guess i'll just be "checking" my phone more LOL I have an ipod touch, so I'm pretty use to the keyboard and touchscreen. i think the big thing will be getting use to making phone calls.

so far this site has had a lot of great info.. thanks everyone for taking the time to answer newbie questions.

Msvoluptous#IM

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I left a week ago and haven't LOOKED back! Enjoy your new baby as I am enjoying mines :D it's amazing and it feels so great to have something that is cutting edge too! I worried at one point about the "light" indicator BUT I have push notifications which I LOVE the most! The apps are free to very minimal in price. I got RID of my Torch because I love the apps. I have a 32gb Ipad and a First Generation Ipod touch so I guess you can say that Apple is in our blood. I love how my White Iphone looks my mail comes quick, the Retina display on the pictures will blow you away. I can't say enough except to enjoy!!

cdycus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
After about a week on the iPad2, I can say my decision is still the same. I love the iPad2, but cannot see getting rid of my BlackBerry. I don't really like the "work functions" on the iOS, but maybe that will change in iOS 5.

rel2k#IM

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello

I have had a blackberry on and off again for the last 5 years. My wife got an Iphone. Now I just got the white Iphone. It will take some time to get used to. Trying to see if I can figure out how to jailbreak it.

InSite

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I was reading about the BlackBerry recently - as everyone knows it is losing more and more market share to Android and Apple operating systems. What some don't understand is that most BlackBerry users are businesses who can't DL many applications! If you're an app developer - keep it in mind.

- InSite

ring o fire

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I just came from a Blackberry as well. I am very satisfied with the change. There are definitely some things that I miss on Blackberry but overall I love my iPhone. I will probably be an iPhone user for life now.

cdycus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i dont see why anyone would want to have an ipad and blackberry, just get the playbook if you love blackberry so much

My iPad is for play. I do have my email/contacts/calendar on it for convenience, but the lack of options on iOS would prevent me from switching to an iPhone from BlackBerry. A BlackBerry w/ BES is perfect for me and it would take a lot for me to switch to an iPhone or Droid.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen