Saw this line in the confirmation e-mail I got from AT&T.

Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010.
    Is it me, or does that read like they are going to ship out the phones until the 24th?
    06-15-2010 03:28 PM
    IMHO it sounds like some clever English crafted to cover their butts when they don't have enough stock to meet demand on the 24th.
    06-15-2010 03:36 PM
    Nah....they tell you up front that orders will be filled on a first come, first serve basis and that the June 24th date does not guarantee you get one then in cases where demand exceeds supply.
    06-15-2010 03:49 PM
    Hmmm....I didn't know that. I'm guessing you don't have an Apple store near you since you didn't pre-order through them.
    06-15-2010 03:50 PM
    yeah it is first come first serve. but i would imagine they have enough phones to meet demand for the maybe the first 2 days of preorders. specially all these people trying to order at once. but we will see when they ship. only thing i know is when they do ship if your getting one on launch day they will ship out june 23rd.
    06-15-2010 03:51 PM
    Hmmm....I didn't know that. I'm guessing you don't have an Apple store near you since you didn't pre-order through them.
    Closest one is about 45 minutes away. I tried to order from Apple all day long. Really didn't want to order from AT&T, but got tired of fooling with the whole thing.
    06-15-2010 04:19 PM
    This is what I got when I placed my order.

"Pre-orders for iPhone 4 and/or iPhone 3GS 8 GB will be shipped with overnight priority and will begin to arrive on June 24, 2010."

So from that I'm assuming my order will be shipped June 23rd and I will get it on the 24th.
    06-15-2010 04:46 PM
    This is what I got when I placed my order.

"Pre-orders for iPhone 4 and/or iPhone 3GS 8 GB will be shipped with overnight priority and will begin to arrive on June 24, 2010."

So from that I'm assuming my order will be shipped June 23rd and I will get it on the 24th.
    Good stuff. I was kind of glossing over everything when I was placing the order trying to get through the whole thing before it timed out (again). Missed it the first time through.

Thanks for posting that. Come on 24th.
    06-15-2010 05:35 PM
    I was told when inquiring on phone that they would be available via preorder the 25th in store.
    When I went in to order at 6 pm Central time, it was changed to shipped to my door by July 5th.

Wasn't pleased, I am a new customer porting a number so not sure what will happen when I plug it in, hopefully it is more than just an Itouch for a few days.
    06-16-2010 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD