Pre-Order - No Debit Card?!

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I went to go inside of an ATT store this morning at 9 to preorder. All sales reps looked at me like I was an idiot when I pulled out a debit card. They said no you can only use a credit card. And I said run it as credit but they stated they cannot do that. I used my debit card last year for the 3GS. WTF?

I mean when you preorder online at Apple or AT&T you use a debit card as credit. WTF is up with the store?

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I mean seriously WTF? AT&T Mobility Reps are ****in retards. Anyone else use their debit card this morning at a AT&T Store?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Some companies are rebelling against the credit card companies because of high rates for debit transactions, therefore no longer taking debit transactions. That may or may not be the case here.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
don't use AT&T. they are scam artists. I'm only with them because of the HUGE business discounts (and the iphone). They will hose you for everything you have if you aren't careful. Preorder thru apple

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
lol If anyone doesn't believe me call (606)436-5001 and ask them about it, every dumb ass in that building will tell you a debit card cannot be used online to preorder.

It's ridiculous.

gfenn11

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The lady in my store was yelling at everybody telling them they had to pay with credit cards, because the bank will cancel a payment after 3 days, if it doesn't go threw. She said they had major problems last year with a lot of peoples payments getting cancelled days after pre-ordering.

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Spoke to an AT&T rep and she explained that their system says you can use debit cards. Just in case my debit card pre order don't work I have an iPhone reserved at an apple store about an hour away. Talked to my bank and a rep advised me that my payment was scheduled to post or be rejected by midnight EST. Guess I will know then.