If your looking to get a White iphone 4 pre ordered and you can not on the Apple or AT&T site just go to best buy and do it there. I walked in it took 2 minutes they write down your information. You pay 50$ they give you a gift card to use as you wish or you could keep it until the phone arives and use it towards that.

06-15-2010 12:20 PM
    I wonder if that's a guarantee that it will be available on launch or to come at some other time. I figure if Apple themselves aren't selling white, why give it exclusively to Best Buy? Don't be surprised if the pre-order is for when it arrives, not launch day.
    06-15-2010 12:23 PM
    I sure hope its on the 24th, the rep i had said it would be here on launch day so crossing my fingers
    06-15-2010 12:29 PM
    I sure hope its on the 24th, the rep i had said it would be here on launch day so crossing my fingers
    Hopefully you are correct. It could be that Apple wants as many white phones available for sales on launch. Why anyone would get white is beyond me however.
    06-15-2010 12:35 PM
    That's just proof Best Buy will take your money and give you something in return ( a gift card ). We'll see if they are available on launch, best of luck to you though
    06-15-2010 12:48 PM
    yeah i went to best buy. But got it in black since i dont like that you see the ambilight sensor. And i was talking to manager and she said they will have the white ones. And the reason they are not being preordered with ATT and Apple is cuz they have not made as many as they can. I guess white isnt as popular thats why
    06-15-2010 01:27 PM
    pre-ordered my white 32 gb also. The manager assured me that it would be there launch day. I will be really pissed when i show up for my appointment and there is no phone. I'm kind of nervous now!!
    06-15-2010 01:30 PM
    And i was talking to manager and she said they will have the white ones. And the reason they are not being preordered with ATT and Apple is cuz they have not made as many as they can. I guess white isnt as popular thats why

I just don't see why Apple would allow 3rd party retailers that option when they are notorious for tight control of supplies and always prefer themselves or AT&T first. Either way, hopefully you get what you wanted.
    06-15-2010 01:40 PM
    I know it doesn't add up.....but I'm going to give it a shot. I really want white this time around.
    06-15-2010 01:42 PM
    I went to Best Buy and they offered me the white one too. I went with black since Apple and AT&T aren't selling them yet, not that I would have wanted white anyways.

A black 32GB will be waiting for me next Thursday!
    06-15-2010 01:51 PM
    I just don't see why Apple would allow 3rd party retailers that option when they are notorious for tight control of supplies and always prefer themselves or AT&T first. Either way, hopefully you get what you wanted.
    Exactly.
    Sounds like the best buy manager was blowing some smoke up his asset

Best Buy is taking the reservation for the white one with release date guarantee. Little do they know or tell you that the white release date is weeks after the black one
    06-15-2010 01:59 PM
    I think out of excitement, I didn't ask for a receipt. Did those of you who pre-ordered at Best Buy get a receipt with your gift card? I also had to fill out some copy of a pre-order sheet just with some contact info.
    06-15-2010 02:12 PM
    Yes i got a receipt that says "presale iphone 4 32gb white package gift card" i then made an appointment for 10 a.m. on 6/24 to p/u and activate.
    06-15-2010 03:11 PM
    Can anyone explain exactly how we activate when we buy through best buy? Is it the same process as AT&T just in the best buy store? Or is it like take home and activate ourselves like when you get it delivered straight from apple? Thanks!
    06-15-2010 04:33 PM
    I got a receipt from Best Buy stating I ordered a white 16 GB iphone 4 with my gift card. I was also assured that if they dont get them that I wont lose my place in line and will have the option to get the black one if I wanted it.
    06-15-2010 04:38 PM
    Got a 32gig white @ 12pm from BB already had read that apple themselfs were not selling it, but thought i would just give it a try. I have the receipt too that says preorder white, at 530 got the call no white iphone not shocked just blown.
    06-15-2010 06:24 PM
    I pre-ordered a white one at BB too, but I'll fall over in a dead faint if they actually have them! I got the impression they don't really know if white will come in or not.
    06-15-2010 07:53 PM
    Yes but I've also heard that someone asked them if they would for sure have the white version and the Best Buy employees had no idea, they said if the white is not available you can use it for a black one (if there are any left!), or you can wait (doesn't that defeat the purpose of a damned pre-order?).

So yeah.. I hate to break it to you but if the Apple store and AT&T aren't getting white iPhones on launch, why the hell would Best Buy?
    06-15-2010 07:56 PM
    just went to best buy and they said i couldnt order a white one until august. i hope theyre mistaken!
    06-15-2010 08:32 PM
    I also received the same receipt from Best Buy, and was also promised that I would have it in my hands on release date. But, I'm still not crossing my fingers. I sent an email to Steve Jobs to ask when it will be released, so I'm expecting to receive a response soon. Most likely something like this:

Soon.

Sent from my iPhone.
    06-15-2010 08:56 PM
    I want the white one, and even after seeing this thread earlier in the day, no way am I putting up money with Best Buy. Definitely sounds like they just want to get people's money, and they're crossing their fingers that they'll get it, and if not, people do have that gift card, so they're not robbing anyone.

I'm new to the boards, so I'm pretty sure I can't make polls, or even change my profile til I get some more posts up, but if I *could* it would be:

For everyone who wanted the white iphone 4, what did you do today?

I couldn't resist, and just ordered the black one instead!
    I decided to wait until att/apple allows for white iphone orders
    I decided to gamble and try out Best Buy
    I always wanted the black iphone

If anyone wants to put that poll up (and feel free to reword it), I'd definitely be interested in the results.
    06-15-2010 09:48 PM
    I didn't pre-order because I want to the phones in person. I was sure I wanted white until I saw the pictures-I'm hoping it looks better in person. Wondering how it will affect eligibility for subsidized upgrade next year if the white isn't available until August.
    06-15-2010 10:01 PM
    Best Buy able to get the white iPhone 4....? But AT&T and Apple not pre ordering or reserving them? Hmmmm....I'll believe the BB rumor when I see it.
    06-15-2010 10:35 PM
    I stopped by best buy and was told they wouldn't have any white ones and didn't know when they would. It's odd that some stores would say they would and others wouldn't.
    06-15-2010 10:52 PM
    I couldn't believe when I saw people saying BB was selling pre-orders for White iPhones when APPLE and AT&T (the 2 main owners) of the phone won't even have them or say when they will. I feel bad for the people that pre-ordered the white at BB. Hopefully BB will hook you guys up with something!
    06-15-2010 10:56 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD