Proof: White Iphone 4 Pre order Success

tmartz#AC

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
If your looking to get a White iphone 4 pre ordered and you can not on the Apple or AT&T site just go to best buy and do it there. I walked in it took 2 minutes they write down your information. You pay 50$ they give you a gift card to use as you wish or you could keep it until the phone arives and use it towards that.

ixdwus.jpg

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if that's a guarantee that it will be available on launch or to come at some other time. I figure if Apple themselves aren't selling white, why give it exclusively to Best Buy? Don't be surprised if the pre-order is for when it arrives, not launch day.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I sure hope its on the 24th, the rep i had said it would be here on launch day so crossing my fingers

Hopefully you are correct. It could be that Apple wants as many white phones available for sales on launch. Why anyone would get white is beyond me however.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
That's just proof Best Buy will take your money and give you something in return ( a gift card ). We'll see if they are available on launch, best of luck to you though :)

mqguitar

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
yeah i went to best buy. But got it in black since i dont like that you see the ambilight sensor. And i was talking to manager and she said they will have the white ones. And the reason they are not being preordered with ATT and Apple is cuz they have not made as many as they can. I guess white isnt as popular thats why

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
pre-ordered my white 32 gb also. The manager assured me that it would be there launch day. I will be really pissed when i show up for my appointment and there is no phone. I'm kind of nervous now!!:confused:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
And i was talking to manager and she said they will have the white ones. And the reason they are not being preordered with ATT and Apple is cuz they have not made as many as they can. I guess white isnt as popular thats why

I just don't see why Apple would allow 3rd party retailers that option when they are notorious for tight control of supplies and always prefer themselves or AT&T first. Either way, hopefully you get what you wanted.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and they offered me the white one too. I went with black since Apple and AT&T aren't selling them yet, not that I would have wanted white anyways.

A black 32GB will be waiting for me next Thursday!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I just don't see why Apple would allow 3rd party retailers that option when they are notorious for tight control of supplies and always prefer themselves or AT&T first. Either way, hopefully you get what you wanted.

Exactly.
Sounds like the best buy manager was blowing some smoke up his asset ;)

Best Buy is taking the reservation for the white one with release date guarantee. Little do they know or tell you that the white release date is weeks after the black one ;)

Ryaniswonka

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I think out of excitement, I didn't ask for a receipt. Did those of you who pre-ordered at Best Buy get a receipt with your gift card? I also had to fill out some copy of a pre-order sheet just with some contact info.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Yes i got a receipt that says "presale iphone 4 32gb white package gift card" i then made an appointment for 10 a.m. on 6/24 to p/u and activate.

Wilsonator

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone explain exactly how we activate when we buy through best buy? Is it the same process as AT&T just in the best buy store? Or is it like take home and activate ourselves like when you get it delivered straight from apple? Thanks!

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I got a receipt from Best Buy stating I ordered a white 16 GB iphone 4 with my gift card. I was also assured that if they don?t get them that I won?t lose my place in line and will have the option to get the black one if I wanted it.

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Got a 32gig white @ 12pm from BB already had read that apple themselfs were not selling it, but thought i would just give it a try. I have the receipt too that says preorder white, at 530 got the call no white iphone not shocked just blown.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered a white one at BB too, but I'll fall over in a dead faint if they actually have them! I got the impression they don't really know if white will come in or not.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes but I've also heard that someone asked them if they would for sure have the white version and the Best Buy employees had no idea, they said if the white is not available you can use it for a black one (if there are any left!), or you can wait (doesn't that defeat the purpose of a damned pre-order?).

So yeah.. I hate to break it to you but if the Apple store and AT&T aren't getting white iPhones on launch, why the hell would Best Buy?

karrott

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I also received the same receipt from Best Buy, and was also promised that I would have it in my hands on release date. But, I'm still not crossing my fingers. I sent an email to Steve Jobs to ask when it will be released, so I'm expecting to receive a response soon. Most likely something like this:

Soon.

Sent from my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro