Pre-Order Success?? [POLL]

How Long Did it Take to Pre-Order Your iPhone 4?

• <1 Hour

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • 1-2 Hours

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • 2-4 Hours

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Not Buying iPhone 4 Today

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No Success - Still Trying

Votes: 38 45.8%

• Total voters

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Tried for over 14 hours before finally succeeding on Apple with a June 24 delivery date. Heck of a day. Very little accomplished. But hey, Brazil won their World Cup match!

Note: ordered around 8 pm EDT

Last edited:

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
That is because you are not AT&T customers. It was the link to AT&T that was the problem.

I saw the UK site crashed as well because apple's servers too were overloaded. My concern is wonder how this blunder impacts the whole launch as far as numbers goes.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I saw the UK site crashed as well because apple's servers too were overloaded. My concern is wonder how this blunder impacts the whole launch as far as numbers goes.
If AT&T is sold out and my order entered this am got a ship date of Jul 6-8, most of you got your orders in. I hate to think of all the wasted energy.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Really, june 24?? Not bad.
Yup, June 24. Forgot to mention that I ordered around 8 pm EDT, so that was before the reports came out of Apple pushing shipping dates to July 2. Only took 14 hours of trying to access both Apple and AT&T's sites on PC, Mac, iPad, and iPhone (via the Apple Store app which was crashing like crazy during the eligibility check).

dudrsnacks

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered one at my local Best Buy yesterday at about 9:45am. It was extremely painless at Best Buy. I just walked in and went straight back to Mobile and pre-ordered a 16g White model. They guaranteed that I would get my white 16g on June 24th.

Oh how things have changed. I called them back this morning to make sure that I would still be getting my white one being Att and Apple aren't offering it. The dude up there said that I am still guaranteed a white one. But here's the kicker...its guaranteed when they get it in . So if they don't get it in on the 24th then I don't get an iPhone 4 until they do get them in. And they won't just give me a black version instead. Very lame.

So now I may be waiting until after the 24th for my phone and that sucks! I might not get it until the terrible rumored "End of Summer" ship date for the white version. Lets just say that I'm not to happy with Best Buy at the moment. Hopefully there is some sort of backlash on their part and I get either my white one that I pre-ordered or a replacement black version. Either one is awesome in my book. Though I still prefer the white version.

Just thought that I would update people on the Best Buy pre-order situation.

S

stphnman20

If apple or ATT doesn't have the white iphone for pre order, what makes you think BB will have them? Good luck mang..

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I was in and out in about 5 minutes at BestBuy around 12:45 pm on the 15th. Took my name number selected the one i wanted and I was out :) guy said I was gonna have one on the 24th for sure. didnt ask what number I was in line but when I got there to order there was no one else in sight so odds are not many people new around here that you could go to bestbuy and order one :)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Well.. where was the option for more than 4 hours?
I ended up reserving around 7pm. Can't say success
until I have all 3 on the 24th.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
What's your shipping date? October?? lol:p

LOL........"Would you like that in a bag, sir?" "Ok, now would you like to purchase our protection plan for your bag?" "It covers any damages to the bag from here to your car door." "If for any reason the bag rips, tears, or simply doesn't look posh enough, we'll replace it for free under this plan!"

There's a reason why I don't shop at Best Buy anymore.:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2