Pre-Order Success?? [POLL]

How Long Did it Take to Pre-Order Your iPhone 4?

• <1 Hour

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • 1-2 Hours

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • 2-4 Hours

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Not Buying iPhone 4 Today

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No Success - Still Trying

Votes: 38 45.8%

• Total voters

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Holy hell!! I just finally got done pre ordering my 32 gb black iphone 4. I started at 2 a.m. and finally got to get it to go thru ATT website.......6 and a half hours later this damn phone better be worth it......

dude i feel like my brother just did something amazing haha...congrats man!!!

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Apple site is still bogged down, especially with the check eligibility function (Thanks AT&T). I went to the AT&T site and was able to get the order placed and confirmed. It was slow but did not crash.

I guess all we have to do now is wait for the 24th, huh?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Holy hell!! I just finally got done pre ordering my 32 gb black iphone 4. I started at 2 a.m. and finally got to get it to go thru ATT website.......6 and a half hours later this damn phone better be worth it......

I was just thinking the same thing! My order through ATT was relatively painless, but been up reading you guys' posts since like 4:30 est.:)

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Apple site is still bogged down, especially with the check eligibility function (Thanks AT&T). I went to the AT&T site and was able to get the order placed and confirmed. It was slow but did not crash.

I guess all we have to do now is wait for the 24th, huh?

yup thats the other crappy part but at least the annoyance is over...

i cant wait for iPhone Live tomorrow...gonna be an interesting podcast after this mess haha

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
yup you were one of the few who was up with me listening to me vent my frustrations at 2+am haha...thanks man!

You know it! At least we know we'll have our shiny new iPhones on launch day!!! Shiny until we touch em that is.... then fingerprint central. LOL

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Let's just hope they fix whatever server problems they are having by the 24th .. Or there is going to be a lot more freaking headaches.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Let's just hope they fix whatever server problems they are having by the 24th .. Or there is going to be a lot more freaking headaches.

Don't remind me!!! Activation was much worse than the pre-order last year. Took me over 8 hours for Apple's servers to activate my 3GS!!!

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
yup thats the other crappy part but at least the annoyance is over...

i cant wait for iPhone Live tomorrow...gonna be an interesting podcast after this mess haha

Well help a newbie out, because I would like to hear what everyone else says about this debacle....where can I download this podcast?

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
To be fair, my real time to complete the process on AT&T was around 15 minutes. I just started that process at the same time I did with the Apple Store at around 2:30AM PST. It's just the Apple Store was a stubborn mule! And they talk about AT&T not being able to handle traffic. I got so many "Timed Out", "Expired Page" and "Oops" messages on the Apple Store that I thought it was a new feature! I tried around 5-6 times and was as close as entering my payment information. And then later it said "We'll be back soon". Bastages!

As soon as I went back to my AT&T page and entered my info, it went through smoothly. I have two emails with order confirmation where it says "Processed". :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
why isn't it working for me??

I've been trying forever and I can't get mine preordered :confused: WTF is the problem? OH WAIT I got it :D I'm Canadian apparently Steve thinks we all live in Igloos and use smoke signals so of course we have no need for a phone :p

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I've been trying forever and I can't get mine preordered :confused: WTF is the problem? OH WAIT I got it :D I'm Canadian apparently Steve thinks we all live in Igloos and use smoke signals so of course we have no need for a phone :p

You can't even afford one yet :eek:

I kid I kid!

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Ordered mine 9.14 GMT, was up from 05.30 though trawling message boards waiting for it to appear. When I finally got through to my basket I had 5 in there! Got my order processed Email around an hour later. :D

bconley007

May 9, 2010
Visit site
i tried apple for about an hour and gave up, then i went to at&t and it worked first time...but i wanted to go thru apple and pick it up in store rather than wait for delivery

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
In Hawaii which is 6 hours behind and I can't do it on AT&T or Apple site, keeps timing out. Getting pissed :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods