Pre-Order Success?? [POLL]

How Long Did it Take to Pre-Order Your iPhone 4?

• <1 Hour

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • 1-2 Hours

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • 2-4 Hours

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Not Buying iPhone 4 Today

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No Success - Still Trying

Votes: 38 45.8%

• Total voters

xpunksbeendeadx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm just a little worried because I still haven't received a confirmation email all these hours later. My order does show up in my order status section on Apple.com

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It has crossed over into comical how bad Apple and AT&T have bungled this. Just after 2PM on the east coast here and still have not even come close to getting an order to go through on either site.

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
2:17pm. Still no joy. The sad part is that I really did get a positive response from AT&T one time but Apple reported that my session had time out. Perhaps I dozed off. I am now trying with three computers and yes, I do understand that I a making the situation worse. On the other hand, some people are obviously getting through, so, while make the whole situation worse, I may be improving my chances in what has turned into a lottery.

2:59 It is done. The transaction was waiting on AT&T. I was on the phone. Next thing I knew, the order was done. I had agreed to pick it up at a local store. Not what I had intended at all. Waiting for the confirmation to see what else I have agreed to.

245am Wednesday. Still no e-mail confirmation.

incidentally, while all this was going on, I was talking to my godson, defending my right to give his 13 year-old one. He thinks he won; not a chance. Interestingly, one of his concerns is video chat. In the light of Facebook, Twitter, and the sending of nude photos, parents are really alarmed by the
idea of video chat. Not being one, I had not thought about it. Scary.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did mine with the new iPhone app and it worked. Took a few times (it crashed the first few tries) but it went through and I got an email. Smoother process I believe... Neither AT&T nor Apple sites were good but the app worked with a few times (over Edge, nonetheless, on my 2G)

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Done and Done via AT&T. 32g Black. Tried to go through apple for a couple hours but couldn't get past the "verifying AT&T account info" page.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I started the process at around 6:30am CDT. After the third try, I successfully submitted my order and got a conformation email. It took me close to, but not over, a hour.

Wujifei

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm just a little worried because I still haven't received a confirmation email all these hours later. My order does show up in my order status section on Apple.com

When did you place your order? I am a new ATT customer and I placed mine at around 11 am central time.. I haven't got anything from ATT yet... no confirmation email..

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When did you place your order? I am a new ATT customer and I placed mine at around 11 am central time.. I haven't got anything from ATT yet... no confirmation email..

maybe with you being a new customer they run the credit check first then after that is clear they charge your card then email you all that stuff. have they charged your card yet?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I finally got through about 30 minutes ago and got my order in, also ordered a white bumper...which won't ship until July 2. You would think they would have given themselves a bit more time to get everything ready. The green bumper won't ship until July 16. The only one available to ship with the preordered iPhone on launch is the black one.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I reserved my 32GB black at my local apple store at 5 AM central time after about a million page refreashes and getting it done quickly so it wouldn't time out.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
I think i pre-ordered it for pickup at the apple store... but i didnt give any email information for a confirmation... the last screen i saw was, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU- government issued ID...

did i miss a step?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think i pre-ordered it for pickup at the apple store... but i didnt give any email information for a confirmation... the last screen i saw was, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU- government issued ID...

did i miss a step?

did you ever enter your apple ID?

at one point, after the AT&T verification, I got to that point but on the left side it showed it couldn't complete my request (which sounds like the AT&T portion). got that far twice and never got emails to confirm.

ordering through the new apple store app I did get a confirmation within minutes.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
So I got in for the pre-order finally, I've been trying since 8 am, I already have one reserved to pickup at the apple store. I don't know which one to do...
how bad are the lines at the apple store if I go after lunch? will it be like 4 hours or like an hour? any tips?

I just after launch for the 3g, and there was only like 3 people infront of me in line, I realize it won't be like that, but if I go during the day will it not be terrible?

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
did you ever enter your apple ID?

at one point, after the AT&T verification, I got to that point but on the left side it showed it couldn't complete my request (which sounds like the AT&T portion). got that far twice and never got emails to confirm.

ordering through the new apple store app I did get a confirmation within minutes.

I never entered in my apple ID... i typed in number/zip/social and i had the option of going with order to my house or in store pick up and i selected in store pick up, and it said we'll see you there, and it said bring my government issued ID and there was no other options. there wasnt any ability to put in more information...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it went through for you then, patcom8. :( You never had the chance to identify yourself, so the gov't ID won't do any good.
Hate to say it but you may need to try again. [edit: unless you were already logged in to the Apple store with your ID from a previous session]
Give it a shot with the Apple Store app... since you do it through your phone, the info is captured for you...

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
doesnt it generate the information from my At&t account? it said it was able to retrieve my information from my at&t account and was given both options for ordering, in store pick up and home delivery.... mannnnn this sucks.....

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, it took almost 3 hours in the ATT store to order mine, after one hour online trying. And it took me about 6 hours of continous trying to get my wife's ordered. So most of the day was spent doing this.

EyePhone#IM

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
After all day I finally got through on apple.com only to find out that the phone would be shipped to my father's house, who lives in a different state that I go to school in. Contacted apple store chat people and they can't change the address because "it's a regulation placed by the FCC that it be shipped to the billing address [of the cell plan owner]". Man, this is very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox