View Poll Results: How Long Did it Take to Pre-Order Your iPhone 4?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • <1 Hour

21 25.00%
  • 1-2 Hours

11 13.10%
  • 2-4 Hours

10 11.90%
  • Not Buying iPhone 4 Today

3 3.57%
  • No Success - Still Trying

39 46.43%
    I think i pre-ordered it for pickup at the apple store... but i didnt give any email information for a confirmation... the last screen i saw was, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU- government issued ID...

did i miss a step?
    06-15-2010 05:06 PM
    I think i pre-ordered it for pickup at the apple store... but i didnt give any email information for a confirmation... the last screen i saw was, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU- government issued ID...

did i miss a step?
    did you ever enter your apple ID?

at one point, after the AT&T verification, I got to that point but on the left side it showed it couldn't complete my request (which sounds like the AT&T portion). got that far twice and never got emails to confirm.

ordering through the new apple store app I did get a confirmation within minutes.
    06-15-2010 05:10 PM
    So I got in for the pre-order finally, I've been trying since 8 am, I already have one reserved to pickup at the apple store. I don't know which one to do...
    how bad are the lines at the apple store if I go after lunch? will it be like 4 hours or like an hour? any tips?

I just after launch for the 3g, and there was only like 3 people infront of me in line, I realize it won't be like that, but if I go during the day will it not be terrible?
    06-15-2010 05:11 PM
    did you ever enter your apple ID?

at one point, after the AT&T verification, I got to that point but on the left side it showed it couldn't complete my request (which sounds like the AT&T portion). got that far twice and never got emails to confirm.

ordering through the new apple store app I did get a confirmation within minutes.
    I never entered in my apple ID... i typed in number/zip/social and i had the option of going with order to my house or in store pick up and i selected in store pick up, and it said we'll see you there, and it said bring my government issued ID and there was no other options. there wasnt any ability to put in more information...
    06-15-2010 05:14 PM
    I don't think it went through for you then, patcom8. You never had the chance to identify yourself, so the gov't ID won't do any good.
    Hate to say it but you may need to try again. [edit: unless you were already logged in to the Apple store with your ID from a previous session]
    Give it a shot with the Apple Store app... since you do it through your phone, the info is captured for you...
    06-15-2010 05:19 PM
    doesnt it generate the information from my At&t account? it said it was able to retrieve my information from my at&t account and was given both options for ordering, in store pick up and home delivery.... mannnnn this sucks.....
    06-15-2010 05:23 PM
    When did you place your order? I am a new ATT customer and I placed mine at around 11 am central time.. I haven't got anything from ATT yet... no confirmation email..
    Well I got my ordered a little bit earlier then 9 A.M. central.
    06-15-2010 05:35 PM
    Well, it took almost 3 hours in the ATT store to order mine, after one hour online trying. And it took me about 6 hours of continous trying to get my wife's ordered. So most of the day was spent doing this.
    06-15-2010 05:47 PM
    finally got it via the new APPLE STORE app and the confirmation email SWEEEEEEEEET
    06-15-2010 07:02 PM
    After all day I finally got through on apple.com only to find out that the phone would be shipped to my father's house, who lives in a different state that I go to school in. Contacted apple store chat people and they can't change the address because "it's a regulation placed by the FCC that it be shipped to the billing address [of the cell plan owner]". Man, this is very frustrating.
    06-15-2010 08:27 PM
    Just preordered mine. Only took a few minutes! I'm so excited!!!
    06-15-2010 08:36 PM
    Tried for over 14 hours before finally succeeding on Apple with a June 24 delivery date. Heck of a day. Very little accomplished. But hey, Brazil won their World Cup match!

Note: ordered around 8 pm EDT
    Last edited by Dyvim; 06-16-2010 at 02:40 AM.
    06-16-2010 01:51 AM
    Really, june 24?? Not bad.
    06-16-2010 02:02 AM
    Wasn't too bad over here in the UK.
    That is because you are not AT&T customers. It was the link to AT&T that was the problem.
    06-16-2010 02:41 AM
    That is because you are not AT&T customers. It was the link to AT&T that was the problem.
    I saw the UK site crashed as well because apple's servers too were overloaded. My concern is wonder how this blunder impacts the whole launch as far as numbers goes.
    06-16-2010 08:36 AM
    I'm waiting for the official count. I bet it's around 2 million.
    06-16-2010 08:46 AM
    I saw the UK site crashed as well because apple's servers too were overloaded. My concern is wonder how this blunder impacts the whole launch as far as numbers goes.
    If AT&T is sold out and my order entered this am got a ship date of Jul 6-8, most of you got your orders in. I hate to think of all the wasted energy.
    06-16-2010 09:10 AM
    Was able to order around 7pm.
    06-16-2010 09:42 AM
    Really, june 24?? Not bad.
    Yup, June 24. Forgot to mention that I ordered around 8 pm EDT, so that was before the reports came out of Apple pushing shipping dates to July 2. Only took 14 hours of trying to access both Apple and AT&T's sites on PC, Mac, iPad, and iPhone (via the Apple Store app which was crashing like crazy during the eligibility check).
    06-16-2010 09:59 AM
    I pre-ordered one at my local Best Buy yesterday at about 9:45am. It was extremely painless at Best Buy. I just walked in and went straight back to Mobile and pre-ordered a 16g White model. They guaranteed that I would get my white 16g on June 24th.

Oh how things have changed. I called them back this morning to make sure that I would still be getting my white one being Att and Apple aren't offering it. The dude up there said that I am still guaranteed a white one. But here's the kicker...its guaranteed when they get it in . So if they don't get it in on the 24th then I don't get an iPhone 4 until they do get them in. And they won't just give me a black version instead. Very lame.

So now I may be waiting until after the 24th for my phone and that sucks! I might not get it until the terrible rumored "End of Summer" ship date for the white version. Lets just say that I'm not to happy with Best Buy at the moment. Hopefully there is some sort of backlash on their part and I get either my white one that I pre-ordered or a replacement black version. Either one is awesome in my book. Though I still prefer the white version.

Just thought that I would update people on the Best Buy pre-order situation.
    06-16-2010 12:27 PM
    If apple or ATT doesn't have the white iphone for pre order, what makes you think BB will have them? Good luck mang..
    06-16-2010 10:20 PM
    I was in and out in about 5 minutes at BestBuy around 12:45 pm on the 15th. Took my name number selected the one i wanted and I was out guy said I was gonna have one on the 24th for sure. didnt ask what number I was in line but when I got there to order there was no one else in sight so odds are not many people new around here that you could go to bestbuy and order one
    06-17-2010 12:04 AM
    Well.. where was the option for more than 4 hours?
    I ended up reserving around 7pm. Can't say success
    until I have all 3 on the 24th.
    06-17-2010 12:16 AM
    Was able to order around 7pm.
    What's your shipping date? October?? lol
    06-17-2010 07:11 AM
    What's your shipping date? October?? lol
    LOL........"Would you like that in a bag, sir?" "Ok, now would you like to purchase our protection plan for your bag?" "It covers any damages to the bag from here to your car door." "If for any reason the bag rips, tears, or simply doesn't look posh enough, we'll replace it for free under this plan!"

There's a reason why I don't shop at Best Buy anymore.
    06-17-2010 08:19 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD