View Poll Results: How Long Did it Take to Pre-Order Your iPhone 4?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • <1 Hour

21 25.00%
  • 1-2 Hours

11 13.10%
  • 2-4 Hours

10 11.90%
  • Not Buying iPhone 4 Today

3 3.57%
  • No Success - Still Trying

39 46.43%
    Apple site is still bogged down, especially with the check eligibility function (Thanks AT&T). I went to the AT&T site and was able to get the order placed and confirmed. It was slow but did not crash.

I guess all we have to do now is wait for the 24th, huh?
    yup thats the other crappy part but at least the annoyance is over...

i cant wait for iPhone Live tomorrow...gonna be an interesting podcast after this mess haha
    06-15-2010 11:40 AM
    yup you were one of the few who was up with me listening to me vent my frustrations at 2+am haha...thanks man!
    You know it! At least we know we'll have our shiny new iPhones on launch day!!! Shiny until we touch em that is.... then fingerprint central. LOL
    06-15-2010 11:41 AM
    dude i feel like my brother just did something amazing haha...congrats man!!!
    LOL I felt the same when I noticed that you got thru finally as well....we stuck it out together....did you finally get it from work?
    06-15-2010 11:41 AM
    seems as if att's servers a re a little bit more less likely to crash although they are slow.
    06-15-2010 12:05 PM
    Let's just hope they fix whatever server problems they are having by the 24th .. Or there is going to be a lot more freaking headaches.
    06-15-2010 12:11 PM
    Let's just hope they fix whatever server problems they are having by the 24th .. Or there is going to be a lot more freaking headaches.
    Don't remind me!!! Activation was much worse than the pre-order last year. Took me over 8 hours for Apple's servers to activate my 3GS!!!
    06-15-2010 12:13 PM
    yup thats the other crappy part but at least the annoyance is over...

i cant wait for iPhone Live tomorrow...gonna be an interesting podcast after this mess haha
    Well help a newbie out, because I would like to hear what everyone else says about this debacle....where can I download this podcast?
    06-15-2010 12:15 PM
    To be fair, my real time to complete the process on AT&T was around 15 minutes. I just started that process at the same time I did with the Apple Store at around 2:30AM PST. It's just the Apple Store was a stubborn mule! And they talk about AT&T not being able to handle traffic. I got so many "Timed Out", "Expired Page" and "Oops" messages on the Apple Store that I thought it was a new feature! I tried around 5-6 times and was as close as entering my payment information. And then later it said "We'll be back soon". Bastages!

As soon as I went back to my AT&T page and entered my info, it went through smoothly. I have two emails with order confirmation where it says "Processed".
    06-15-2010 12:16 PM
    Well help a newbie out, because I would like to hear what everyone else says about this debacle....where can I download this podcast?
    You can download it on iTunes, or stream it off TiPb's site.
    06-15-2010 12:17 PM
    I've been trying forever and I can't get mine preordered WTF is the problem? OH WAIT I got it I'm Canadian apparently Steve thinks we all live in Igloos and use smoke signals so of course we have no need for a phone
    06-15-2010 12:17 PM
    You'd think they learned by now.
    06-15-2010 12:29 PM
    I've been trying forever and I can't get mine preordered WTF is the problem? OH WAIT I got it I'm Canadian apparently Steve thinks we all live in Igloos and use smoke signals so of course we have no need for a phone
    You can't even afford one yet

I kid I kid!
    06-15-2010 12:43 PM
    Ordered mine 9.14 GMT, was up from 05.30 though trawling message boards waiting for it to appear. When I finally got through to my basket I had 5 in there! Got my order processed Email around an hour later.
    06-15-2010 12:52 PM
    i tried apple for about an hour and gave up, then i went to at&t and it worked first time...but i wanted to go thru apple and pick it up in store rather than wait for delivery
    06-15-2010 01:41 PM
    In Hawaii which is 6 hours behind and I can't do it on AT&T or Apple site, keeps timing out. Getting pissed
    06-15-2010 01:48 PM
    I'm just a little worried because I still haven't received a confirmation email all these hours later. My order does show up in my order status section on Apple.com
    06-15-2010 02:11 PM
    It has crossed over into comical how bad Apple and AT&T have bungled this. Just after 2PM on the east coast here and still have not even come close to getting an order to go through on either site.
    Last edited by ugahairydawgs; 06-15-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    06-15-2010 02:18 PM
    2:17pm. Still no joy. The sad part is that I really did get a positive response from AT&T one time but Apple reported that my session had time out. Perhaps I dozed off. I am now trying with three computers and yes, I do understand that I a making the situation worse. On the other hand, some people are obviously getting through, so, while make the whole situation worse, I may be improving my chances in what has turned into a lottery.

2:59 It is done. The transaction was waiting on AT&T. I was on the phone. Next thing I knew, the order was done. I had agreed to pick it up at a local store. Not what I had intended at all. Waiting for the confirmation to see what else I have agreed to.

245am Wednesday. Still no e-mail confirmation.

incidentally, while all this was going on, I was talking to my godson, defending my right to give his 13 year-old one. He thinks he won; not a chance. Interestingly, one of his concerns is video chat. In the light of Facebook, Twitter, and the sending of nude photos, parents are really alarmed by the
    idea of video chat. Not being one, I had not thought about it. Scary.
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-16-2010 at 02:45 AM.
    06-15-2010 02:22 PM
    Did mine with the new iPhone app and it worked. Took a few times (it crashed the first few tries) but it went through and I got an email. Smoother process I believe... Neither AT&T nor Apple sites were good but the app worked with a few times (over Edge, nonetheless, on my 2G)
    06-15-2010 02:34 PM
    Done and Done via AT&T. 32g Black. Tried to go through apple for a couple hours but couldn't get past the "verifying AT&T account info" page.
    06-15-2010 02:57 PM
    I started the process at around 6:30am CDT. After the third try, I successfully submitted my order and got a conformation email. It took me close to, but not over, a hour.
    06-15-2010 03:08 PM
    I'm just a little worried because I still haven't received a confirmation email all these hours later. My order does show up in my order status section on Apple.com
    When did you place your order? I am a new ATT customer and I placed mine at around 11 am central time.. I haven't got anything from ATT yet... no confirmation email..
    06-15-2010 03:13 PM
    When did you place your order? I am a new ATT customer and I placed mine at around 11 am central time.. I haven't got anything from ATT yet... no confirmation email..
    maybe with you being a new customer they run the credit check first then after that is clear they charge your card then email you all that stuff. have they charged your card yet?
    06-15-2010 03:59 PM
    I finally got through about 30 minutes ago and got my order in, also ordered a white bumper...which won't ship until July 2. You would think they would have given themselves a bit more time to get everything ready. The green bumper won't ship until July 16. The only one available to ship with the preordered iPhone on launch is the black one.
    06-15-2010 04:57 PM
    I reserved my 32GB black at my local apple store at 5 AM central time after about a million page refreashes and getting it done quickly so it wouldn't time out.
    06-15-2010 05:03 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD