iPhone 4 Bumpers

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, these things look cool, but $30 for a rubber band is a little bit much. I would pay $30 for all 6 colors, but one is just crazy. Who plans on getting one?

Hell at this point I my shell out the money for one - seeing that I can't pre-order my white iPhone 4.....:mad:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Just wait for other companies to come out with better stuff. SwitchEasy is one of my favorite companies when it comes to cases.

pluggrh

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I cannot figure out exactly what the bumper is. Is it just the band around the edge? In the pictures in the Apple Store it shows a white back and white parts of the front. Is this a white phone that they have placed the bumper on or does the bumper include the white parts?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'll see if I can find them again, but saw some up-close shots of the bumpers yesterday. They reminded me of a Speck Candyshell that just went around the edges.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Just bought the apple bumper. I like it. The metal buttons are a nice touch but the fit and the cutouts are dead on! It also slides in and out of my pocket nicely!

I am still going to buy a Vaja case with a belt clip, but this bumper will be the case I use when I want to pocket the phone.

Nicely done Apple!

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
@pluggrh the Humber is a band. The white is the plates of the white iPhone which hasn't been released yet. There aren't pictures of a black iPhone with bumpers on the apple website.

Ifixit.com performed a drop test without a bumper and with. The result was the same. Three drops and than crack. I picked up the Speck Candy Shell case in black and LOVE it.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I purchased it, put it on and within 5 minutes took it off. I mentioned that I had one here on the forum and someone bought it from me. These things aren't worth $29. I also find that they round out the looks of the phone so you lose the nice square design, this along with the fact that it absolutely does nothing to protect the back of the phone. Only reason this would be worthwhile is for the "death grip" issue. Apple should be ashamed of themselves selling these for $29

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
It seems that I am in the minority here. No worries, though, I still like the case and am happy with the 30 bucks I spent on it. I really do feel that this is a nicely made "rubber band" (as y'all call it).

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I just bought one of another forum member for a much more reasonable price and I gotta say I love the look of my iphone 4 even more now. I'm still ordering a case mate tough case for better protection while im at work though. I have clumsy hands.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
My black one just came in the mail today.

Even though I LOVE the look of the stainless steel band, this thing looks...feels, and slides into my pocket great. Worth $30? No. $20? Maybe.
It'll be on mine the majority of the time though.

BrandonB

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to try a bumper when I can. But I am seeing many who are not impressed with its ability to protect the phone.

I am currently testing out the Incipio SILICRYLIC Gel/Shell Combo. It fits very nicely even with Zagg screen protector. The hard shell holds well and seems protective. The gel skin has a very nice feel and good texture, unfortunately I am not fond of it's flexibility at the bottom face near the home button. It moves and stretches there way to much, concerned that it will not last very long.

I have also tried the Griffin Reveal, it fits the phone wonderfully and feels great. Unfortunately it does not work well with Zagg shield on the front and back of the phone. The Griffin fits so well that there is no room for the shield on the back. It does work well with just a front shield.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the Speck Candy Shell. It fits solid and doesn't move. I have the full body shield on and didn't have to remove any of it. I is a tight fit but NO PEELING. So I'm extremely happy. I feel more at ease if I were to ever drop my phone. It has the softer rubber inside and a hard plastic shell on the outside.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
When I finally dropped my phone, which I knew was going to eventually happen, I was glad that I put a bumper on it. It saved the metal band from any kind of damage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner