iPhone 4 Bumpers

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I am expecting a few scratches. Afterall. It is just a phone. One that will be replaced again next year

Not sure how a case could protect against leaving a phone on top of your car. But hey, if it feels good. Do it!

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered one of the Naked Cases I have seen here on the forums. Side & back protection, already have a screen protector.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I ordered one of the Naked Cases I have seen here on the forums. Side & back protection, already have a screen protector.

The only problem I have with those cases is there's no softer insulation between the case and the phone. From my experience, with cases like these, dust gets under them and scratches the hell out of the phone anyways. I had that problem with my 3GS and a snap on hard case made by Skull Candy. It tore up the chrome especially.

McIPhone

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
After the Consumer Reports findings, i wouldn't be surprised to see free bumpers sometime very soon. Free beats $29.99 any day.

Last edited:

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I got my bumper FREE at the Apple Store. Just talked to the store manager about the antenna issue and he seemed authorized to do it.

Anyway, is anyone hating having to remove the bumper to charge the darn thing? I have aftermarket chargers that won't plug in with the bumper on.

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I received my bumper today. I'm pleased with it. It appears to offer basic protection. Not sure if it helps with the signal issue yet. Only downside I see is the price, $29 is a bit steep. I also agree that as a PR move, Apple should be giving these away with each iPhone purchase.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am expecting a few scratches. Afterall. It is just a phone. One that will be replaced again next year

Not sure how a case could protect against leaving a phone on top of your car. But hey, if it feels good. Do it!

Not me I don't want any scratches if I can help it, because I'll get more for it when I sell it next year! There is a method to my madness! LOL

A case wouldn't prevent a person leaving it on top of their car, but you miss the point. The point is no one is perfect and our human side will also dictate that we will do things that we say we won't ever do like you did and like my sister did.

Bottom line is everyone has to decide for themselves at what level they are willing to protect or take a chance on not protecting.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Still awaiting my white bumper, but my girlfriend's pink one came in today.. She loves it but I'm not thrilled with how loose the corners feel and how much the phone still feels too thin.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Still awaiting my white bumper, but my girlfriend's pink one came in today.. She loves it but I'm not thrilled with how loose the corners feel and how much the phone still feels too thin.

That was my main problem, that they don't really fit that tight and I bet with taking them off several times, they will become even more lose. Though I do not like the way it rounds the look thereby losing the sleek square edges.

So your hope was to add some bulk? Maybe you should hold out for an Otterbox! LOL ;)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
If, after the consumer reports write up, Apple begins offering them for free, I wonder if they will reimburse those of us that have already bought one?

As I stated from the beginning I still plan on buying the Vaja clip on case for work and wouldn't mind the extra 30 bucks to go towards that.

My plan is to use the sleek bumper for when I go out keeping the phone in my pocket and the Vaja for work when I definitely do not want to keep my phone in my pocket. But the more I have been using the bumper the more I do not want to cover the phone up with a bulky case

Moonbase0ne

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree. $30.00 is waaayyyy too much.

Me personally, I will get the Otter Case for work and probably have no case on my phone at home. Or a bumper like case, but certainly not a $30.00 one.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i wanted a bumper but did not want to pay shipping for the item. so i went to my local att store and got me a nice ifrogz case and i like the look and feel of this case as i chose a blue one and i could not be happier.

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Mine is not loose........... yet, but I've only put it on the one time. BTW it's the black one. Just thought I'd mention that in case we specific colors fitting better than others.

jlevine31

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
If, after the consumer reports write up, Apple begins offering them for free, I wonder if they will reimburse those of us that have already bought one?

As I stated from the beginning I still plan on buying the Vaja clip on case for work and wouldn't mind the extra 30 bucks to go towards that.

My plan is to use the sleek bumper for when I go out keeping the phone in my pocket and the Vaja for work when I definitely do not want to keep my phone in my pocket. But the more I have been using the bumper the more I do not want to cover the phone up with a bulky case

Hey, out of curiosity, does the vaja case have a belt clip? I'm assuming it does based on your post but couldn't actually tell on their web site?
Thanks!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner