iPhone 4 Pre-Orders Live!!

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
yeah my apple took my money according to my bank and i printed the website with confirmation number but no confirmation email from them yet...has me a tad bit worried but at least they took my money and i got a confirmation number!

i'd say if you got a ocnfirmation number and the bank has allowed apple to place a hold or a withdrawl on your funds you should be fine.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
ATT was woefully unprepared for today. Woefully unprepared. Their servers are the reason nobody can even order from Apple's website. I gave up online and went to the ATT store. Almost 3 hours later, with barely anyone in there, I made it to the register, only to have the system crash just before the order was placed.

The woman called me back half an hour later to tell me that it went through. So now I have a 32 gig iPhone 4 on order. But they wouldn't let me order one for my wife who is on the account, due to privacy reasons or some other such nonsense.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
ATT was woefully unprepared for today. Woefully unprepared. Their servers are the reason nobody can even order from Apple's website. I gave up online and went to the ATT store. Almost 3 hours later, with barely anyone in there, I made it to the register, only to have the system crash just before the order was placed.

The woman called me back half an hour later to tell me that it went through. So now I have a 32 gig iPhone 4 on order. But they wouldn't let me order one for my wife who is on the account, due to privacy reasons or some other such nonsense.

If it's AT&T's fault with server issues, why could I order through them online in 15 minutes after trying with no luck for over an hour on the Apple site? Not arguing, I'm just curious!

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
i'd say if you got a ocnfirmation number and the bank has allowed apple to place a hold or a withdrawl on your funds you should be fine.

Oddly enough , I went thru the whole preorder process on att.com and received an order number etc....but they haven't charged my bank account yet.:confused:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Oddly enough , I went thru the whole preorder process on att.com and received an order number etc....but they haven't charged my bank account yet.:confused:

I just checked my bank, and AT&T has like four holds on my account. LOL. Two of them are for $1 each. One for $0, and the other is for the price of my iPhone -$2. So weird how they did that. LOL

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
If it's AT&T's fault with server issues, why could I order through them online in 15 minutes after trying with no luck for over an hour on the Apple site? Not arguing, I'm just curious!

Because Apple has to check AT&T's servers to see if you are eligible for the upgrade. Maybe ATT's servers came up as you were processing with Apple.

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, my second order got through, I had had it in my cart, when the apple store crashed at 7 this morning est. said screw it went to sleep woke up and finished.

Ryaniswonka

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Orders at Best Buy are so simple and easy! Of course, they don't actually check the AT&T servers to see if you're eligibile or not. They just keep a piece of paper with your info and sell you a $50 gift card to be put toward the purchase on the 24th. My local store opens at 9 AM. Good luck to the rest who anticipate finally getting through to AT&T or Apple for a pre-order!

rdlong47

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
I ended up going to the local AT&T store. Got it pre-ordered. Everything done by hand. Card impression, call to credit card to verify account, handwritten contract. Modern technology!!!

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I give up for now...
Got to the final order screen on AT&T's page twice.
After I click "place order" it gives me a timeout error. My order didn't go through, as I am still able to go back into my account and am eligible for an upgrade, but that doesn't mean it's still not charging my card...
Apple/AT&T...you guys kind of screwed everything up on this one.
Especially hiding the fact white ones aren't even available.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Terrible pre-order day...

I think my order got in...
I got to AT&Ts confirmation page, with an order number. But when I clicked on "Print this receipt" the pop-up receipt showed up blank. No phone, and a price of $0.00.
My order # is also not in AT&Ts system...yet.
And no email. We shall see.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Definitely a possibility. Just seems like more people are having luck with ATT over Apple.

I finally got my wife's ordered via the Apple Store. I still haven't been able to get online at the ATT website. For most of the day, the iPhone 4 wasn't even listed as an upgrade option there.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I finally got my wife's ordered via the Apple Store. I still haven't been able to get online at the ATT website. For most of the day, the iPhone 4 wasn't even listed as an upgrade option there.

I talked to quite a few people that didn't have it as an upgrade option on ATT's site. I had no problems with it. I read somewhere that it could have been a regional thing for some weird reason. The others I talked to had Premier like me, but didn't show up in their system. It's definitely been a strange situation this year. Much more confusing than in the past.

Either way, glad you got yours ordered!