View Poll Results: Who is pre-ordering iPhone 4 tomorrow?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 95.61%
  • No

5 4.39%
    Pre-Ordering and having it sent to my local Apple Store. I love how I can walk in, pass the line, and have them get it up and running for me.
    I don't think you can just walk in. Last year they had 2 lines, preorders and regular. Everyone in the preorder line got to go first, but you still had to wait in a line.

For everyone worried about delivery, you are aware that it is over night shipping from Fed-Ex and has to be delivered by 10:30 am correct? At least that is how it was for the iPad and iPhone 3GS for me.
    I didn't know 10:30am delivery on overnight was available to residential? Or are you shipping to an office?

Speaking of shipping can you put the address you want to use, or does it force it to go to the address on the account?
    06-14-2010 12:17 PM
    Im the boss. Of course I will be taking a little time off. I will be down at Apple early
    Haha... you go boss man!

For everyone worried about delivery, you are aware that it is over night shipping from Fed-Ex and has to be delivered by 10:30 am correct? At least that is how it was for the iPad and iPhone 3GS for me.
    Exactly... lol. My FedEx guy will make sure it is the
    latest. I want to be at my AT&T store at 7am/8am
    to have it set up by the time I hit the gym @ 11am.

But this is definitely good info though. I've had
    overnight through insurance which is the fastest
    anyone can do it through FedEx and they got here
    at 12:55pm. I know the USPS does guarantee it
    that early for me where I live though.
    06-14-2010 12:19 PM
    I don't think you can just walk in. Last year they had 2 lines, preorders and regular. Everyone in the preorder line got to go first, but you still had to wait in a line.

I didn't know 10:30am delivery on overnight was available to residential? Or are you shipping to an office?

Speaking of shipping can you put the address you want to use, or does it force it to go to the address on the account?
    From two of my ex reps that still work at AT&T, they
    are telling me once you pay by credit card, you can
    ship anywhere... at least for existing customers. I
    have one looking up the policy now to double check.

The iPhone usually has its own set of rules.
    06-14-2010 12:22 PM
    Now that I think about it, it may be UPS. Sorry for the mix up. Either way I know how Apple has shipped my 3GS and iPad it was promised to be delivered by 10:30 am (residential).
    06-14-2010 12:24 PM
    From two of my ex reps that still work at AT&T, they
    are telling me once you pay by credit card, you can
    ship anywhere... at least for existing customers. I
    have one looking up the policy now to double check.

The iPhone usually has its own set of rules.
    Yeah, was thinking to order 1 i4 for my friend on my family plan and have it shipped to his house and then order mine for preorder pickup at my local apple store.
    06-14-2010 12:25 PM
    Anyone know what time Apple stores are opening their doors on the 24th?
    06-14-2010 12:29 PM
    Anyone know what time Apple stores are opening their doors on the 24th?
    Probably 8am, but might be 7am. Don't worry, I'm sure the news will be plastered everywhere once it's official.
    06-14-2010 12:29 PM
    Now that I think about it, it may be UPS. Sorry for the mix up. Either way I know how Apple has shipped my 3GS and iPad it was promised to be delivered by 10:30 am (residential).
    Which brings up a question... AT&T's default is FedEx,
    if I choose to pre-order with Apple, do I get to choose
    who?

Yeah, was thinking to order 1 i4 for my friend on my family plan and have it shipped to his house and then order mine for preorder pickup at my local apple store.
    I'm not sure Apple is able to ship elsewhere (never
    went through them), but I believe AT&T should be
    able to. Best thing to do is go online and change
    the PPU address (Primary Place Of Use), different
    from the billing address to your friend's address.
    06-14-2010 12:38 PM
    When I have to send packages out of my office the receptionist gives me the choice of FedEx Standard Overnight (3:00 PM local time guaranteed) or Priority Overnight which is next-business-day delivery by 10:30 AM. Keep in mind that if you live in a remote area Priority Overnight might be by noon, 4:30 PM or 5:00 PM. But then again if you live in a remote area, why are you on AT&T?
    06-14-2010 12:40 PM
    I plan on pre-ordering and doing the Apple store experience this year. I was out of town last year, so I just showed up at an AT&T kiosk in a mall in Georgia and there was no line or wait. This year I'll be in Huntsville (again out of town), so I figured I'd try the Apple store there just to see the difference. Maybe next time around I'll give delivery a try if I'm actually home to receive it.
    06-14-2010 12:40 PM
    You can still do all that stuff even if you preorder and get it delivered to your house,,,, All it takes it the phone call to AT&T after you receive it to activate it, at which point you can modify and upgrade your plan
    Hmmm... would be nice to avoid the AT&T store. Much prefer to order through Apple (worked great last year). Do you know if I call before I try to activate it? I don't want to mess up the $20 original iPhone data plan on the line that is eligible for the upgrade (that I wish to leave in place).
    06-14-2010 12:44 PM
    Sorry in advance for the noob question, but anyone know the particulars of how to pre-order the iPhone 4?

I am an existing AT&T customer eligible to buy the iPhone 4. I have the 3G now and want to keep everything the same regarding my contract (i.e. voice plan, data plan, etc.). I know I need to agree to another two years, but where/how do I do this? Do I log in to the AT&T website to pre-order the phone and to agree to the new contract and buy the phone? Or, if I go to the Apple website, how do I handle the AT&T part of the transaction?

Thanks!
    I basically have the same questions as Rob_T. I read through the previous pages and I didn't see anyone answer his questions...so in addition to his,...I'm an existing business customer. Can I or should I order from AT&T or Apple?
    06-14-2010 12:50 PM
    For people asking where to order from I'll let you know my experiences in the past. Last year I bought my 3GS from Apple and they charged me sales tax only on the purchase price. I bought my wifes from At&t and they charged me sales tax on the retail price. Im avoiding At&t at all costs unless I absolutely need to go through them
    06-14-2010 12:54 PM
    Hey, I'm planning on pre ordering from apple.com tomorrow AM. I have the 3g now, which I got a couple of weeks after launch in an AT&T store. My questions are if I get on at 8 AM (or whenever they start taking pre-orders) and order it, what are my chances of getting it at launch? Based on past experiences of course, I know no one knows for sure. If it's iffy, have people had better luck ordering to pick up in an apple store? I have a family plan, and I had to use my upgrade last year for my wife b/c she busted her phone, so I'm going to use her upgrade (we both have iphones so there is no data setup issues there as far as i know) but my question is how can I get a micro sim for my line? Can I just walk into an at&t store and ask for one? Should I try the cut it down method? Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!
    06-14-2010 12:57 PM
    I'll be online at Apple tomorrow. I'll be visiting relatives in south Florida on launch day, but since they actually have not one, but two Apple stores there, I'm going for in store pick up. Can't wait!
    06-14-2010 01:08 PM
    I'll be online at Apple tomorrow. I'll be visiting relatives in south Florida on launch day, but since they actually have not one, but two Apple stores there, I'm going for in store pick up. Can't wait!
    There are 4 stores in Miami Dade county I believe:
    Aventura, Miami Beach, Dadeland mall, and the Falls mall.

From where I live I'm like 30 mins from Miami Beach, 10 mins from Dadeland mall, and like 3 mins from the Falls. I'm Apple store spoiled.

Which one are you going to? I usually go to the South Beach store to get interesting stories to post on my blog, but going lazy this year and going to go to the Falls
    06-14-2010 01:16 PM
    I pre-ordered and had the 3GS delivered to my home last year and the upgrade from first-gen iPhone went smoothly. Hoping for the same experience this time around.
    06-14-2010 01:21 PM
    I'm pre-ordering but I'm not sure where yet. I'm kind of leaning on Best Buy or at my AT&T store. I don't think I want to do at home delivery since there isn't really a "set" time when it could be delivered. If I get it sent to a store, then I can walk in when it opens and get it. I'm thinking of Best Buy since I can use my Reward Zone card and get some points added to my purchase.

Decisions, decisions . . .
    06-14-2010 01:35 PM
    For people asking where to order from I'll let you know my experiences in the past. Last year I bought my 3GS from Apple and they charged me sales tax only on the purchase price. I bought my wifes from At&t and they charged me sales tax on the retail price. Im avoiding At&t at all costs unless I absolutely need to go through them
    Was it an early upgrade for your wife's phone? I
    remember when I purchased mine, it seemed just
    about right for the $299 price tag.
    06-14-2010 01:36 PM
    I thought everywhere charged sales tax for the full sale price of the phone, before the discount.
    06-14-2010 01:41 PM
    Was it an early upgrade for your wife's phone? I
    remember when I purchased mine, it seemed just
    about right for the $299 price tag.
    No it wasnt
    06-14-2010 01:51 PM
    I thought everywhere charged sales tax for the full sale price of the phone, before the discount.

Apple never charges me full sales tax. They didnt last year for the 3GS but At&t did on our other line.
    06-14-2010 01:52 PM
    I am! 32G Black... Watch for the unboxing...
    06-14-2010 01:58 PM
    I think I've decided to just go through Best Buy to pre-order. I can go pick it up at 9 am on launch day and add points to my Reward Zone program.

The excitement/anticipation is killing me.
    06-14-2010 02:04 PM
    I will be pre ordering but will go to pick it up.. The best part about buying an iPhone is waiting in line to get it.. and sharing in other peoples excitement..
    06-14-2010 02:25 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD