Not open for further replies.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
LOL!!!!!!!! Will you be taking off to go get it at the
Apple store? Or will this be a "I'm taking a long lunch"
kind of day?

Im the boss. Of course I will be taking a little time off. I will be down at Apple early

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
For everyone worried about delivery, you are aware that it is over night shipping from Fed-Ex and has to be delivered by 10:30 am correct? At least that is how it was for the iPad and iPhone 3GS for me.

Is it overnight? I didnt know that. Good to know. That may change my mind but I dont know if they allow shipping to my work for the release of the iPhone. We'll see what they give me for delivery options first

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
For everyone worried about delivery, you are aware that it is over night shipping from Fed-Ex and has to be delivered by 10:30 am correct? At least that is how it was for the iPad and iPhone 3GS for me.

Good point Jeremy, but my question is do we have to sign for it when it arrives? I don't want to take off of work if I don't have too :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Is it overnight? I didnt know that. Good to know. That may change my mind but I dont know if they allow shipping to my work for the release of the iPhone. We'll see what they give me for delivery options first

At least that is how it has been in my previous ordering with Apple and new devices. I'm waiting to hear back exactly what time pre-orders will go live on their site. Will update here if I get my answer.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Pre-Ordering and having it sent to my local Apple Store. I love how I can walk in, pass the line, and have them get it up and running for me.

I don't think you can just walk in. Last year they had 2 lines, preorders and regular. Everyone in the preorder line got to go first, but you still had to wait in a line.

I didn't know 10:30am delivery on overnight was available to residential? Or are you shipping to an office?

Speaking of shipping can you put the address you want to use, or does it force it to go to the address on the account?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Im the boss. Of course I will be taking a little time off. I will be down at Apple early

Haha... you go boss man!

Exactly... lol. My FedEx guy will make sure it is the
latest. I want to be at my AT&T store at 7am/8am
to have it set up by the time I hit the gym @ 11am.

But this is definitely good info though. I've had
overnight through insurance which is the fastest
anyone can do it through FedEx and they got here
at 12:55pm. I know the USPS does guarantee it
that early for me where I live though.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I don't think you can just walk in. Last year they had 2 lines, preorders and regular. Everyone in the preorder line got to go first, but you still had to wait in a line.

I didn't know 10:30am delivery on overnight was available to residential? Or are you shipping to an office?

Speaking of shipping can you put the address you want to use, or does it force it to go to the address on the account?

From two of my ex reps that still work at AT&T, they
are telling me once you pay by credit card, you can
ship anywhere... at least for existing customers. I
have one looking up the policy now to double check.

The iPhone usually has its own set of rules.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Now that I think about it, it may be UPS. Sorry for the mix up. Either way I know how Apple has shipped my 3GS and iPad it was promised to be delivered by 10:30 am (residential).

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
From two of my ex reps that still work at AT&T, they
are telling me once you pay by credit card, you can
ship anywhere... at least for existing customers. I
have one looking up the policy now to double check.

The iPhone usually has its own set of rules.

Yeah, was thinking to order 1 i4 for my friend on my family plan and have it shipped to his house and then order mine for preorder pickup at my local apple store.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Now that I think about it, it may be UPS. Sorry for the mix up. Either way I know how Apple has shipped my 3GS and iPad it was promised to be delivered by 10:30 am (residential).

Which brings up a question... AT&T's default is FedEx,
if I choose to pre-order with Apple, do I get to choose
who?

Yeah, was thinking to order 1 i4 for my friend on my family plan and have it shipped to his house and then order mine for preorder pickup at my local apple store.

I'm not sure Apple is able to ship elsewhere (never
went through them), but I believe AT&T should be
able to. Best thing to do is go online and change
the PPU address (Primary Place Of Use), different
from the billing address to your friend's address.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
When I have to send packages out of my office the receptionist gives me the choice of FedEx Standard Overnight (3:00 PM local time guaranteed) or Priority Overnight which is next-business-day delivery by 10:30 AM. Keep in mind that if you live in a remote area Priority Overnight might be by noon, 4:30 PM or 5:00 PM. But then again if you live in a remote area, why are you on AT&T? ;)

Brian212

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I plan on pre-ordering and doing the Apple store experience this year. I was out of town last year, so I just showed up at an AT&T kiosk in a mall in Georgia and there was no line or wait. This year I'll be in Huntsville (again out of town), so I figured I'd try the Apple store there just to see the difference. Maybe next time around I'll give delivery a try if I'm actually home to receive it.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
You can still do all that stuff even if you preorder and get it delivered to your house,,,, All it takes it the phone call to AT&T after you receive it to activate it, at which point you can modify and upgrade your plan :)
Hmmm... would be nice to avoid the AT&T store. Much prefer to order through Apple (worked great last year). Do you know if I call before I try to activate it? I don't want to mess up the $20 original iPhone data plan on the line that is eligible for the upgrade (that I wish to leave in place).

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Sorry in advance for the noob question, but anyone know the particulars of how to pre-order the iPhone 4?

I am an existing AT&T customer eligible to buy the iPhone 4. I have the 3G now and want to keep everything the same regarding my contract (i.e. voice plan, data plan, etc.). I know I need to agree to another two years, but where/how do I do this? Do I log in to the AT&T website to pre-order the phone and to agree to the new contract and buy the phone? Or, if I go to the Apple website, how do I handle the AT&T part of the transaction?

Thanks!

I basically have the same questions as Rob_T. I read through the previous pages and I didn't see anyone answer his questions...so in addition to his,...I'm an existing business customer. Can I or should I order from AT&T or Apple?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
For people asking where to order from I'll let you know my experiences in the past. Last year I bought my 3GS from Apple and they charged me sales tax only on the purchase price. I bought my wifes from At&t and they charged me sales tax on the retail price. Im avoiding At&t at all costs unless I absolutely need to go through them

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey, I'm planning on pre ordering from apple.com tomorrow AM. I have the 3g now, which I got a couple of weeks after launch in an AT&T store. My questions are if I get on at 8 AM (or whenever they start taking pre-orders) and order it, what are my chances of getting it at launch? Based on past experiences of course, I know no one knows for sure. If it's iffy, have people had better luck ordering to pick up in an apple store? I have a family plan, and I had to use my upgrade last year for my wife b/c she busted her phone, so I'm going to use her upgrade (we both have iphones so there is no data setup issues there as far as i know) but my question is how can I get a micro sim for my line? Can I just walk into an at&t store and ask for one? Should I try the cut it down method? Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'll be online at Apple tomorrow. I'll be visiting relatives in south Florida on launch day, but since they actually have not one, but two Apple stores there, I'm going for in store pick up. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner