What an iPhone 4 app will look like on an iPad? (Size Simulation)

iMario

May 10, 2010
www.make-coffee.net
Hi there :)

we found out something AMAZING while working on version 2.0 of our app.

We first tested the new iPhone 4 resolution, and to see how many pixels can fit on such a small screen was already INCREDIBLE.

But we went even further, and wanted to check what an iPhone 4 compatible app would look like on an iPad. The result is UNBELIEVABLE. I don't know why NO ONE talks about it, but actually an iPhone 4 app can turn at almost FULL SCREEN on an iPad!!

You should see with your very own eyes to understand how impressive this is. We posted some pictures on our blog, and I want to share them with you here:

iOs-standard-vs-4-TRANSPARENT.png

iOs-standard-vs-4---Test-Image-TRANSPARENT.png

p.s. I know these pictures are pretty big, but I think you should see'em in real size to understand.

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site
That's great news, I was wondering about that myself. I generally don't bother with any iphone only apps on my ipad because of how they look.

Something else I was wondering and maybe you can answer, how will apps designed for the 3gs resolution look on the 4G?

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I wascso excited about the great new screen thatbi didn't think about how it would translate to the iPad. That's really awesome! It would really be nice if the apps would work across the board. I don't like keeping up with which app is the phone and which is iPad. Having two of the same app is unnecessary.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
This leads me to think about something else- will we now have another category of apps to keep up with?!? IPod thouch/ iPhone 3GS/ iPhone 4/ iPad ?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
old hardware be gone

This leads me to think about something else- will we now have another category of apps to keep up with?!? IPod thouch/ iPhone 3GS/ iPhone 4/ iPad ?

and people wonder why Apple tries to get rid of the old hardware. This is the reason so things don't get too fragmented. I think this is awesome if all the current iPhone apps get translated to iPhone 4 res because I've got a few apps that are only available on iPhone that I would love to run in iPad and not have it look like dog $#!t

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
and people wonder why Apple tries to get rid of the old hardware. This is the reason so things don't get too fragmented. I think this is awesome if all the current iPhone apps get translated to iPhone 4 res because I've got a few apps that are only available on iPhone that I would love to run in iPad and not have it look like dog $#!t

Most apps use the exact same basic control images. These will automatically source from Apple's new high-res images, and text is resampled at double the dpi. This will drastically improve the way iPhone apps look on iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234