Price Guarantee at Apple stores?

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I just read that AT&T was giving those customers who bought an iPhone 3GS on or after May 7 a refund or credit. I bought my 3GS on May 20 for $199+tax at my local Apple store, which is of course tied to AT&T since Apple's has to verify upgrade eligibility through AT&T.

Does Apple work in a similar way? Obviously, I could just return my 3GS for the full amount, minus some restocking fee (which can usually be waived) and then just re-buy it for $99. It would make it easier for the store and the customer, and it kinds of makes sense.

AT&T also offered those who bought a 3GS on or after May 14 the opportunity to exchange it for the iPhone 4 plus the price difference when it is released. Is this available through Apple stores as well?

Thanks very much for any help or suggestions. :)

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming by that price you bought the 16GB version. You'd have to re-buy it for $149, not $99.

As for your question, I think you may be out of luck as far as getting a price adjustment goes if Apple sticks by their normal price guarantee policy (14 days). Your best bet at this point would be to go into an Apple Store and ask someone, because up until now the only exchange and price guarantee exceptions that have been announced are just for AT&T stores only.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2