Pre-order the iPhone 4 from Apple OR AT&T=Realese Date Delivery

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Unless the rules changed from when I was a manager there,
PPU is acceptable because a lot of family plans have kids
that are in college and do not live at home (billing address).

Also, the reason I know this is possible is because the
accounts that have PO Boxes, we would ship to the PPU.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Not to mention she won't be at a loss if they say no.
She'll just be back to her original plan -- square 1.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Duvi
Unless the rules changed from when I was a manager there,
PPU is acceptable because a lot of family plans have kids
that are in college and do not live at home (billing address).

Also, the reason I know this is possible is because the
accounts that have PO Boxes, we would ship to the PPU.
Today | 10:32 PM
Duvi
Not to mention she won't be at a loss if they say no.
She'll just be back to her original plan -- square 1.

Tru, for any other device that would be ok except the iPhone. They are super paranoid about fraud, which is why they'll only ship to billing addresses only. If she changed her billing address to a PO Box, then she could ship to PPU.

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I talked to a rep in at a local AT&T store and she said you could only preorder with a credit card and a debit card would not work. Anyone know anything about this? Seems like a debit card would work. Maybe the rep didn't really know? I don't have a credit card so I may have to use my fathers credit card if this is the case.

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I did just find this on another forum " Remember, Apple will take both Credit Card or Debit Card whereas AT&T will only take Credit Card."

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Also if I order from Apple do I have the option of having it shipped to an AT&T store? My closest AT&T store is 3 minutes away and the closest Apple store is in a mall about 45 minutes away! I would prefer not to drive an hour and a half round trip if I could avoid it. Does AT&T have a smaller number they can order than Apple.com? Or is there like one big number and number and the both just order until they're gone?

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
What if I bought the 3GS earlier this month? Am I not allowed to preorder it because I have to return the 3GS first right? I bought it to get grandfathered in for the data plan.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Also FYI, Radioshack is also taking preorders on the 15th. The stores are opening up at 7am and they are giving customers that preorder with them an accessory credit. Plus I don't think you have to pay for the device in full, you do that when you go pick It up.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
also, when they say "debit cards can not be used to preorder" i beleive they are referring to "ATM" cards...big difference and since they got one huge error with the "8gb 3G|s|" i wont be surprised if that was also an error because BrianT is correct. As long as u have Visa or Mastercard and can use it as a CC, u should be ok.

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I read that they are releasing an 8gb 3Gs but it's not very well advertised or something from what I've read. That PDF is legit as far as I know.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't imagine that Apple won't have the option to reserve the iPhone for pick-up. They love the hype of lines forming.

AT&T on the other hand... I wouldn't be surprised if reservations weren't allowed. AT&T stores don't get nearly as many units as Apple stores.

ATT has imposed a one gun per person limit. I mean a one iPhone per person limit.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods