is the 15th the only day you can preorder?...i wont be able to preorder until the 18th?...will i still be able to preorder on the 18th and received it by the 24th in an apple store?
    I think last year it took them 2 or 3 days to deplete the pre-order stock, so you may be okay.
    06-11-2010 04:24 PM
    I called apple shortly after posting. The rep said I could pre order on the 18th and have it ready for in store pick up on the 24th. However, she did not say anything about running out of pre order stock so hopefully they will still have some in stock.
    06-11-2010 05:01 PM
    I'm going to preorder both mine and the wife's iPhone 4's through at&t and have them delivered. Skipping the line headache and the possibility of the store reps screwing up my account and taking my unlimited data plan off.
    06-11-2010 11:17 PM
    I Want My Iphone In Canada!!!
    06-12-2010 12:05 AM
    I Want My Iphone In Canada!!!
    Heard from a reliable source that it is July 20th official release in Canada. Apparently Rogers Telus and Fido have already announced but I saw no announcement anywhere!
    06-12-2010 12:12 AM
    ok well i will be up at midnite just in case
    I said the same thing about my iPad I was up at Midnight, after 15 minutes nothing changed so I called Apple. They told me they couldn't tell me when the preorders would start I should just keep checking. I stayed up for another 15 minutes and went to bed. The next morning pre-orders were available so I did it before leaving for work.
    06-12-2010 12:42 AM
    5am pst. = 8am est.

got my alarm set for 7am est.
    06-12-2010 12:49 AM
    damn 5am?!?! looks like I'll be waking up early that morning...pre-order...then back to sleep for an hour and a half before work!
    06-12-2010 02:05 AM
    For me it will be 7am so my alarm will be set to 6am
    06-12-2010 02:19 AM
    for me it is going to be 10AM tuesday morning as i am going into my att store and paying for my pre order there. i was told by the sales person i spoke to on the phone that i should still get it on launch day. Hopefully they send it to my house the day it launches.
    06-12-2010 02:54 AM
    I wonder if I can have it shipped to another address than my home since I'll be visiting relatives on launch day...otherwise I'll plan on going to the Apple store.
    06-12-2010 08:20 AM
    Alli
    I wonder if I can have it shipped to another address than my home since I'll be visiting relatives on launch day...otherwise I'll plan on going to the Apple store.

From what I remember from the 3Gs pre-orders we could only send to address on the acct. That way AT&T and Apple could avoid fraud. I'm sure it will be the same with i4 release.
    06-12-2010 02:01 PM
    That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll have to plan on visiting the Orlando Apple store then.
    06-12-2010 05:40 PM
    That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll have to plan on visiting the Orlando Apple store then.
    Or change your address

I believe if you change the Primary Place Of Use address,
    you can get it sent to that address. Make sure you let
    them know you do not want to change the billing address,
    but would like to only change the "PPU" address.

Do this now (ASAP) so by Tuesday, you can go in to the
    store and have it shipped there.
    06-12-2010 11:07 PM
    I believe if you change the Primary Place Of Use address,
    you can get it sent to that address. Make sure you let
    them know you do not want to change the billing address,
    but would like to only change the "PPU" address.

They will only ship to billing address, not the PPU address. Changing it won't matter.
    06-12-2010 11:19 PM
    Unless the rules changed from when I was a manager there,
    PPU is acceptable because a lot of family plans have kids
    that are in college and do not live at home (billing address).

Also, the reason I know this is possible is because the
    accounts that have PO Boxes, we would ship to the PPU.
    06-12-2010 11:30 PM
    Not to mention she won't be at a loss if they say no.
    She'll just be back to her original plan -- square 1.
    06-12-2010 11:32 PM
    Duvi
    Unless the rules changed from when I was a manager there,
    PPU is acceptable because a lot of family plans have kids
    that are in college and do not live at home (billing address).

Also, the reason I know this is possible is because the
    accounts that have PO Boxes, we would ship to the PPU.
    Today | 10:32 PM
    Duvi
    Not to mention she won't be at a loss if they say no.
    She'll just be back to her original plan -- square 1.

Tru, for any other device that would be ok except the iPhone. They are super paranoid about fraud, which is why they'll only ship to billing addresses only. If she changed her billing address to a PO Box, then she could ship to PPU.
    06-13-2010 12:13 AM
    Ok so I talked to a rep in at a local AT&T store and she said you could only preorder with a credit card and a debit card would not work. Anyone know anything about this? Seems like a debit card would work. Maybe the rep didn't really know? I don't have a credit card so I may have to use my fathers credit card if this is the case.
    06-13-2010 12:55 AM
    thats BULL!
    06-13-2010 12:57 AM
    thats BULL!
    That's what I figured/hoped.
    06-13-2010 01:00 AM
    I did just find this on another forum " Remember, Apple will take both Credit Card or Debit Card whereas AT&T will only take Credit Card."
    06-13-2010 01:18 AM
    Also if I order from Apple do I have the option of having it shipped to an AT&T store? My closest AT&T store is 3 minutes away and the closest Apple store is in a mall about 45 minutes away! I would prefer not to drive an hour and a half round trip if I could avoid it. Does AT&T have a smaller number they can order than Apple.com? Or is there like one big number and number and the both just order until they're gone?
    06-13-2010 01:24 AM
    What if I bought the 3GS earlier this month? Am I not allowed to preorder it because I have to return the 3GS first right? I bought it to get grandfathered in for the data plan.
    06-13-2010 02:35 AM
    Also FYI, Radioshack is also taking preorders on the 15th. The stores are opening up at 7am and they are giving customers that preorder with them an accessory credit. Plus I don't think you have to pay for the device in full, you do that when you go pick It up.
    06-13-2010 02:56 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD