how do you DISABLE wallpaper in iOS 4?

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi! I've jailbroken and modified my old 3G to run multitasking and wallpapers. Now I want to DISABLE wallpaper and have a nice clean black background. How do you do it without resorting to modifying plist? Search returns nothing.

Thanks!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Get a blacked out pic and set that as ur wallpaper. And if ur using a theme, click on user wallpaper in Winterboard and move it above the theme.

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't use winterboard. I use jailbroken and plist-modified iOS 4 on 3G. Solid black wallpaper doesn't make away the sluggishness and I find it strange you cannot actually DISABLE the wallpaper. I have turned wallpaper off in plist again.

Thanks for suggestions anyway.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
1. Open Paint
2. Color the canvas black
3. Save it
4. Sync to iPhone
5. Select black painting as wallpaper.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Or...

1) Open the camera app on the iPhone
2) Put the lens right up against your hand and snap a photo
3) Got to camera roll and set as wallpaper

That's actually quite sad that it has to come to that option to not have a wallpaper and stick to the utilitarian pre-iOS black background, non JB'd of course. Still a good idea that I didn't think of...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
That's actually quite sad that it has to come to that option to not have a wallpaper and stick to the utilitarian pre-iOS black background, non JB'd of course. Still a good idea that I didn't think of...

Go figure, people kvetch for years that we can't have wallpapers, and then when we get them, people complain we can't *not* have wallpapers. Ha.

counciler

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
You see, that's the funny thing about people. They all want different things. That's why there's something called options. They need to implement them. Like they don't even give us 3Gers a chance at the wallpaper, we have to jailbreak to get it. Sure, it slows down the phone a little bit, but some people can deal with that. And if they can't, there should be a "disable" button. How hard is that, really? But I guess that'd look bad to have one of their phones not running perfect, even if it was at the user's discretion.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods