Are you able to connect your iPhone to multiple bluetooth devices?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Don't ask me why, but my iPhone only likes to connect to one bluetooth device and then never connect to another/different one.
Let me break it down for you.

I have a bluetooth stereo adapter in my truck, which is where my iPhone connects to every time I come in range (which is great).
I also have a bluetooth ear piece to use when I'm at home, or I should say I'd like to use.
I can't connect to any other device (it won't even show up in the bluetooth list on my phone) unless I do it after a fresh install and it erases the connection/authorization with the other device.
So if I wanted to connect to my earpiece, I could, but I'd have to do a fresh install and then I wouldn't be able to connect to my truck afterwards. It also ignores bluetooth on macbooks, etc...unless, again, it's after a fresh install.
I've had my phone replaced, but still same thing.

Does any one else have issues with this??

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Try disconnecting it when you leave your truck. The issue is you can't be connected to more than one device at a time. Even though your iPhone isn't in range of your truck I believe it's still committed to it.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
That makes me wonder if the iphone4 will allow more than one device since they will now connect to a keyboard. ??

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
That makes me wonder if the iphone4 will allow more than one device since they will now connect to a keyboard. ??

Maybe but it will have to be able to distinguish types of devices. For example it won't be able to connect to 2 bluetooth headsets, and it won't connect to two bluetooth keyboards.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I don't see why it'd matter how many different bluetooth devices it can connect to. Obviously not simultaneously, but I do own more than one bluetooth device.;)
When I turn off my truck, it automatically disconnects.
So if I had a bluetooth headset, and a bluetooth keyboard. I'd have to decide which one I'd want to use, and only be able to use that one. Doesn't seem right?

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why it'd matter how many different bluetooth devices it can connect to. Obviously not simultaneously, but I do own more than one bluetooth device.;)
When I turn off my truck, it automatically disconnects.
So if I had a bluetooth headset, and a bluetooth keyboard. I'd have to decide which one I'd want to use, and only be able to use that one. Doesn't seem right?

It disconnects but it is still paired, that's why the iPhone hooks right back up to it when they're in range of eachother.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
It disconnects but it is still paired, that's why the iPhone hooks right back up to it when they're in range of eachother.

The only way to use, or connect to another device would be to click "forget this device" and never be able to use that other one again (unless you wipe your phone and start fresh).

I get what you're saying.
But, it shouldn't be like that.

hector361

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
You can receive sound though both bluetooth headsets at once with the use of 2 adapters.

how-to-fix-earbuds.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-connect-two-bluetooth-headphones.html

rickfromboca

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If what you say is true it is so unbelievably unacceptable as to be ridiculous. Cant connect to another device without forgetting the one you have paired with? Unbelievable.

Butch the Broker

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with bluetooth. My car automatically connects, but I need an ear piece in my truck and cannot seem to get my iPhone to recognize it.

Seems it should be simple enough as advanced as these things are.

Butch the Broker

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal