Sign another 2 years or drop the Benjamins

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Will you sign a new two year contract with at&t just to get the amazing iPhone 4 at a generously discounted price? Would you spend $600 or $700 for an off contract iPhone 4?
Let the answers roll.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy w/AT&T in my area. No issues w/dropped calls, always get a 3G signal. On top of that I get a corporate discount on my monthly bill through my employer, so I don't sweat re-upping my contract & will happily take the bucks off a new handset upfront.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
2 more yrs wit the death star.....let's do this! Have no issues with AT&T in my area and i'm keeping my unlimited plan and having my FAN discount works for me. So let's do this thing in 2 1/2 weeks :D

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm signed up for another 2 years (only extends me 1 yr as i joined last summer) for the full discount. I havent had any issues with AT&T really so I dont mind resigning.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
2 more yrs wit the death star.....let's do this! Have no issues with AT&T in my area and i'm keeping my unlimited plan and having my FAN discount works for me. So let's do this thing in 2 1/2 weeks :D

LOL! Same here. Two more years with Att. I'm getting a 32 GB, not sure what color yet though. If I had to pick one now, I'd say black. I have really great service with them in my area, always have full bars of 3G service. Can't wait for iPhone 4!!!

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
LOL! Same here. Two more years with Att. I'm getting a 32 GB, not sure what color yet though. If I had to pick one now, I'd say black. I have really great service with them in my area, always have full bars of 3G service. Can't wait for iPhone 4!!!

heh Nice as long you get good coverage and those full bars of 3G. enoy your new iPhone 4 ; )

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
So you don't mind signing another two years with AT&T and the ETF applying to you?
Nope. The EFT is $325 reducing by $10 per month. I would be able to sell it on e-bay for more than my total cost and still make a profit. $299+$325=$624. These bad boys are gonna sell for way more than that on eBay.

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I use to be like you, not wanting to be tied down to a contract and buy outright. But when I started to look at the end price of the phone, even if I broke the contract(I only did that once and not with At&T) I was better off getting the discounted price and extending my line. But AT&T has the best coverage where I live, south of Houston. Now I'll buy off of eBay if I'm not sure what I really want and don't want to waste an upgrade. You see I have an iPhone, a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and a HTC Hero. I wasn't gonna waste my upgrade on any phone for AT&T without seeing what Apple was going to put out. Now I'll more than likely get the iPhone 4 and jailbreak it shortly there after. So to my thinking the upgrade is the way to go with the iPhone especially. iPhones will get a higher price on eBay than any other phone. The Bold I got off of eBay is the top of the line BlackBerry on any carrier and I snagged a new one for $350. So if I upgraded on the Bold, there would be no way I could recoup my money. If I were you I'd just save the money and use AT&T's money for 2 years.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I use to be like you, not wanting to be tied down to a contract and buy outright. But when I started to look at the end price of the phone, even if I broke the contract(I only did that once and not with At&T) I was better off getting the discounted price and extending my line. But AT&T has the best coverage where I live, south of Houston. Now I'll buy off of eBay if I'm not sure what I really want and don't want to waste an upgrade. You see I have an iPhone, a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and a HTC Hero. I wasn't gonna waste my upgrade on any phone for AT&T without seeing what Apple was going to put out. Now I'll more than likely get the iPhone 4 and jailbreak it shortly there after. So to my thinking the upgrade is the way to go with the iPhone especially. iPhones will get a higher price on eBay than any other phone. The Bold I got off of eBay is the top of the line BlackBerry on any carrier and I snagged a new one for $350. So if I upgraded on the Bold, there would be no way I could recoup my money. If I were you I'd just save the money and use AT&T's money for 2 years.

Yes, and if Verizon did get the iPhone this is why I wanted to be ready to jump ship. What turns me away from Verizon is the fact that I'll always be on 3G and I could never toggle Edge. Funny as it sounds. I'm always on Edge because I like conserving my battery. 3G kills. Another two years with AT&T.. well I really have no problem with them I just like being free of a contract rather then being bound.

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
Yes, and if Verizon did get the iPhone this is why I wanted to be ready to jump ship. What turns me away from Verizon is the fact that I'll always be on 3G and I could never toggle Edge. Funny as it sounds. I'm always on Edge because I like conserving my battery. 3G kills. Another two years with AT&T.. well I really have no problem with them I just like being free of a contract rather then being bound.
I don't think Verizion will get an iPhone till LTE rolls out. No economic reason for Apple to try to make a CDMA version for only one year.
Don't be afraid of commitments man. At least it is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to part ways with a cellular provider than a wife.;)

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't think Verizion will get an iPhone till LTE rolls out. No economic reason for Apple to try to make a CDMA version for only one year.
Don't be afraid of commitments man. At least it is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to part ways with a cellular provider than a wife.;)

lol. Oh yeah I hear you. The main reason why I would jump to verizon though is because I can't switch to an Edge network or evdoph whatever the slower network is haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2