i have the 3GS 32 GB in great condition and i'm not sure if i should buy iphone 4 first. Or I can wait for the 3GS unlock to be released and sell my 3GS first and then get iphone 4.

also, this question is unrelated but do in-app purhcases transfer over to the iphone 4 from my 3GS?

any help is appreciated
    06-09-2010 08:37 PM
    1. The price of the iPhone 4 will be put on your bill, so it won't be an issue of immediate cash. I'd just get the iPhone 4 first so you don't have to go without.

2. As long as you sync your apps the updates and in-app purchases will also sync back to the computer and when you put them on your new iPhone they will be there too.
    06-09-2010 08:45 PM
    Damn, had I known that I would have waited to sell mine...
    06-10-2010 10:22 AM
    AT&T does not bill your account for new phones.
    06-10-2010 10:26 AM
    The only reason I would think it would be good to sell it now is because I think the market will be better right now. Once the iPhone 4 drops everyone will go crazy for it, the price of the 3Gs will drop. So you might find for awhile that there's no interest and all the lowballers will tell you I can get it on AT&T for $99 they always seem to be ignorant of the fact that it's on contract if you buy it that way.
    06-10-2010 10:42 AM

Only business accts can bill to the acct. ALL personal accts must pay for devices up front.
    06-10-2010 11:05 AM

Only business accts can bill to the acct. ALL personal accts must pay for devices up front.
    Really!? Wow. In Canada it gets put on our bill. You only pay upfront if you're starting a new account/line.
    06-10-2010 11:08 AM
    Yup. Gotta love Rogers for that!

Getting the 4 for myself, giving my wife my 3GS then going to sell my wife's 3G 8GB.
    06-10-2010 11:54 AM
    I was thinking of doing the same. What is the general market for 32gb 3Gs? What are people getting right now for them? Ultimately, I just want to get enough $ to pay for the new iPhone 4, but agree the market won't be as good once the new one comes out. Is ebay the best place to do so?
    06-10-2010 11:59 AM
    Yup. Gotta love Rogers for that!

Getting the 4 for myself, giving my wife my 3GS then going to sell my wife's 3G 8GB.
    That is exactly what Im doing ! If her line was elgible for upgrade , I would probably get her a 16GB iPhone4 and sell the 3GS also.....
    06-10-2010 12:05 PM
    I was thinking of doing the same. What is the general market for 32gb 3Gs? What are people getting right now for them? Ultimately, I just want to get enough $ to pay for the new iPhone 4, but agree the market won't be as good once the new one comes out. Is ebay the best place to do so?
    I don't think ebay is going to be as good as a more local source like craigslist or kijiji
    06-10-2010 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD