How/where to sell your iPhone for the most $$$

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I got a buyer meeting me Monday buying it for $375. May have got more on eBay but I saw the white version of my phone sell on there for 340ish so I settles with this offer. New 32gb iPhone 4 with a little bit money left over isn't a bad deal in my opinion. That and I feel like I'm allowing someone else to get it at a good price so I'm content! Thanks for the replies!

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Someone please educate me.

I bought my 3GS (first iPhone) last year on release day and am eligible for the upgrade. I certainly want to keep my current phone until I get the new one. How does this even work? Let's say I order mine from either my really local AT&T store or somewhat local Apple store. I get my new iPhone with my current number and synced with all my current apps and whatnot.

What do I need to do with the old phone to make it ready for sale? Does the sim card need to be removed? Is this something that can/will be done by AT&T/Apple when I activate the new phone? I'm assuming I can wipe my old phone somehow. Should I unlock the old phone? What is the benefit to someone of buying my old phone? Is it that they can use AT&T and not have to sign a contract? Do they get a better monthly rate since the phone isn't being subsidized by AT&T?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Thudstaff
Someone please educate me.

I bought my 3GS (first iPhone) last year on release day and am eligible for the upgrade. I certainly want to keep my current phone until I get the new one. How does this even work? Let's say I order mine from either my really local AT&T store or somewhat local Apple store. I get my new iPhone with my current number and synced with all my current apps and whatnot.

What do I need to do with the old phone to make it ready for sale? Does the sim card need to be removed? Is this something that can/will be done by AT&T/Apple when I activate the new phone? I'm assuming I can wipe my old phone somehow. Should I unlock the old phone? What is the benefit to someone of buying my old phone? Is it that they can use AT&T and not have to sign a contract? Do they get a better monthly rate since the phone isn't being subsidized by AT&T?

Wow, that's alot of ?'s. Here goes, all u need to do is restore ur iPhone and it will be wiped back to factory settings. If u sell it, remove ur sim card. The benefit to them is they get an iPhone without having to buy a contract. The rates/plans are the same. Hope this clears things up.

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Wow, that's alot of ?'s. Here goes, all u need to do is restore ur iPhone and it will be wiped back to factory settings. If u sell it, remove ur sim card. The benefit to them is they get an iPhone without having to buy a contract. The rates/plans are the same. Hope this clears things up.

I teach full-time for a living and am a full-time student as well. Questions are part of my daily life.
;)

I'm assuming the sim card is easy to remove. I haven't googled the info yet but will.

Edit: Removing the sim is EASY.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner