• Love iOS, forget the HW

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Close but not quite

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
So after seeing videos on Apple's website & the keynote, I think Apple slam-dunked the new iPhone, in both HW & OS.

When looking at my JB 3GS, I think the only things I'll really miss are the five-column springboard & dock. But the other things I want & like (folders, change background, multitasking) are all there, not to mention better display, camera, processor & battery. I think I'll learn to live w/o the five icon arrangement ;)

How do you all feel?

Edit: after thinking about it, I'll miss SBSettings too :(

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.

The only things missing are:
Quick access to important settings (3G, Location, Bluetooth, Brightness).
Ability to reply to messages without leaving the current app.
Consolidated list of unread notifications.
Widgets (though the music controls being compatible with apps other than iPod is really nice).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I love it

I LOVE it, it's dead sexy and I want it in my pocket already. There are things that can be improved but if I have been doing fine with less I'll be find with more features on the new phone. The things I'll be missing until I JB it will be custom SMS tones, themes for slider and icons, and the ease of changing settings with SBSettings. I'm not a hardcore JB user but these things make a big difference to me.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah Apple nailed it once again. I'm sitting here looking at my 3GS and I really hate it now. LOL I must have the i4 ASAP, it is killing me to wait until the 24th.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
now there's something you dont hear everyday lol :D Well lets hope now that they have a WebOS designer the notification system will be getting a nice makeover.

They hired him specifically, and he is THE dude who invented webOS's notifications, so I think that shows that they now are aware there is a problem with push notifications.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
They hired him specifically, and he is THE dude who invented webOS's notifications, so I think that shows that they now are aware there is a problem with push notifications.

I should freaking hope so. LOL It really is the one thing that I can not stand on my iPhone, I am almost to the point of turning them off but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I should freaking hope so. LOL It really is the one thing that I can not stand on my iPhone, I am almost to the point of turning them off but I just can't bring myself to do it.

In practise I don't really mind them much, but I hate the idea of them. Maybe because I have lockinfo it isn't so bad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73