I've installed iTunes 9.2 Beta 1 with no problems. I can connect my iPhoneGS and the program reads the phone. During the Backup / Sync process, iTunes looses connection with my phone, and my phone stays in the Sync in Progress until I press the Home button.

Should I go a head and try to install the iOS4 GM or does anyone think that I would end up screwing up the installation?
    06-09-2010 10:00 AM
    I think I read somewhere that your phone wont initialize unless you're a dev but I'm probably wrong I'm sure someone will clear it up soon.
    06-09-2010 10:21 AM
    Well you don't have to be a dev to install the GM candidate, as I installed it without major issues and I am no dev. If it's not syncing, I wouldn't install the GM candidate because it sounds like there are already underlying issues on your system. Last thing you need is a bricked phone. Go back to the previous version of iTunes and just wait for the initial version. Remember it's beta software for a reason.
    06-09-2010 10:28 AM
    My phone is registered, as you can see in my sig I am running B4.

I tried on two different computers to backup / sync, and both of them lost the connection during the sync.

So you think if I bypass the sync and just go ahead with the install, the phone will lose connection during the load stage?

I just want my BT audio to work on my truck again. Stopped working in B3. When I plug it in via USB, it stops after a few songs then I have to unplug and replug it back in.

Also, can't add anything to my calendar. New entries won't save.
    06-09-2010 10:34 AM
    Oops. Well in that case, is xCode able to update you to GM candidate? If so, update it and try the near GM iTunes 9.2 sync again.
    06-09-2010 11:14 AM
    I'm not sure if it would update. All other betas installed just fine. Just concerned about the dropped connection during the load stage.
    06-09-2010 11:19 AM
    Just try uninstalling and re-installing iTunes
    06-09-2010 12:46 PM
    Okay. I took a gamble and tried the install even though I was having disconnection issues.

Whew! Everything worked out just great! After iOS4 was installed, syncing wasn't an issue at all. Surprised how fast the backup works in iTunes 9.2.

Just can't wait till 9.2 is released for Windows. Going to be a pain having to do everything in VMWare.

But oh well. Happy now. Just have to see if the BT Audio connects in my truck. (The Telephone BT has always worked in all beta's)
    06-09-2010 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD