I am considering deleting the typical desk top phones I have been using at my business for all these years. I figure - since I carry a portable linked to the desktop phone - why not simply carry a real portable?! I am the only one who answers the business phone. (my people - even the illegals I used a few years ago - all carry cels..)

But I am so hide-bound that I am wondering if there is a dock/remote system where I can dock the iPhone and still carry around portables married to it. I tend to leave these portables laying around as I'm one of those freaks that does not even like change in my pocket, watches, etc... This way I am not usually too far away from one.

Anybody make a similar transition? Thanks.

Jim
    06-09-2010 08:58 AM
    As a B2B acct manager I convert many companies landlines over to mobile lines everyday. It's a very easy transition. And all landline numbers can be ported over to wireless lines, so u don't have to worry about losing ur numbers
    06-09-2010 09:38 AM
    RD.. I've talked to my local comm. accts. guy and I'm sure he can hook me up with service, it's just the personal way I've dealt with phones my whole life; sitting on a desk or doing a walkabout with a remote. I did find a dock with handset at Amazon, so maybe I can actually make the move. I just need to source service for this Safari browser. Cheers.

Jim
    06-09-2010 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD