I'm thinking of selling my 3G now while I wait for the release of the iPhone 4 in a few weeks. I know that I can just swap the sim card over to another phone to use in the meantime, but my questions pertain about my data plan, the unlimited one.

1. If I place my sim card into a dumbphone, will my unlimited data plan remain active?
    2. Will it remain active for the few weeks I'm using a dumbphone (Since I most likely won't be going online with it)?
    3. And will it stay active once I've upgraded to the iPhone 4 aka get grandfathered in like they told us?

Thanks for your answers.
    06-08-2010 07:53 PM
    I have just sold my 3GS and am waiting for the new iphone ! I am using A dumb phone until then with the #3GS sim card.As long as you don,t change your plan with AT&T your fine till you get your new iphone!
    06-08-2010 08:03 PM
    Ha, dumbphone...

I did the same thing. What did you guys get for your phone?
    06-08-2010 08:05 PM
    I have just sold my 3GS and am waiting for the new iphone ! I am using A dumb phone until then with the #3GS sim card.As long as you don,t change your plan with AT&T your fine till you get your new iphone!
    Cool, sounds good. How did you go about with moving your contacts? The iPhone doesn't really have a way of exporting contacts to sim.
    06-08-2010 08:19 PM
    I sold my 3GS and am using a palm centro that my friend had laying around. So it's a half smart half dumb phone. Let me tell you, it's been rough without my iPhone. I just added the few contacts I talk to alot to my phone from my mobileme address book and add numbers as people call. 2 more weeks!
    06-08-2010 09:01 PM
    I sold my 3GS and am using a palm centro that my friend had laying around. So it's a half smart half dumb phone. Let me tell you, it's been rough without my iPhone. I just added the few contacts I talk to alot to my phone from my mobileme address book and add numbers as people call. 2 more weeks!
    Nice idea with MobileMe. My phone's actually jailbroken, so I used SIManager to work with the contacts. Thanks for the insight, guys.
    06-08-2010 09:43 PM
    I think after a certain amount of time , i think right before your next billing period , att changes to the appropriate data plan. In this case it would be medianet. if you get the iPhone on the 24th you would have to pay 25 dollars for 2GB of data.

However, I think if you dont try to access data from ur regular phone you'll be good because it won't show to ATT you're accessing data using the incorrect plan.

All in all its best you speak to ATT , I'm sure they'll give you the best option.
    06-09-2010 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD