even if you pre-order, wont you still be waiting in line?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I too am new to the "pre-order game". This will be my first year pre-ordering an iPhone and I am thrilled! Only problem is Pay Day for me is the 17th and pre-orders start on the 15th... will I still be able to pre-order the phone two days later, or does Apple put a limit on pre-orders and I run the risk of not being able to pre-order?

Thanks in advance for the probably-stupid-clarification! :D

You'll be completely fine. :)
Pre-orders will continue until it's release the following Friday, the 25th.

If I remember correctly, these ship directly from the factory in China.
So if you ordered it on the week of the release, I'm sure you'd have a less chance of it being delivered on it's release day. But since you're ordering it the Friday before, you should be fine for release date delivery.

tshuber

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You'll be completely fine. :)
Pre-orders will continue until it's release the following Friday, the 25th.

If I remember correctly, these ship directly from the factory in China.
So if you ordered it on the week of the release, I'm sure you'd have a less chance of it being delivered on it's release day. But since you're ordering it the Friday before, you should be fine for release date delivery.

Thank you very much for putting my iPhone 4-wanting-mind at ease! :D

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Thank you very much for putting my iPhone 4-wanting-mind at ease! :D

You're welcome. :)

Also know, they don't charge your card until it ships.
So technically you could order it on Wednesday, get paid Friday, and your card charged the following week. But why risk it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
be careful

You're welcome. :)

Also know, they don't charge your card until it ships.
So technically you could order it on Wednesday, get paid Friday, and your card charged the following week. But why risk it?

You will get the phone if you preorder for sure and since you're in the states they will prob send the bulk of the shipment there anyway. However here in Canada when we were waiting on the iPad there was a delay problem and they said anyone that didn't preorder in the first week of preorders would have to wait until early June to get their iPad. So there is always a chance you might get bumped although for two days don't think it will be much of a problem. Hey be glad you don't live in Canada like me we wont be getting it until late July:(

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
moving from a BlackBerry to my first iPhone. I'm thinking preorder and ship to my office is the best option for me. Ordering a black 32GB for me and a white 32GB for the wife :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen