Ok for the past couple months ive been really pissed off how these messages keep senting.. cause awhile ago i joined a group on facebook " Join to be a free ipad tester" but the group was popular.. and so i put my phone number and they sent you daily questions to answer.. and if you get it right you can win an ipad or so.. but since i found out it was a scam.. but then i look at my phone bill online i get 2$ per information text from them.. and i want to stop this.

any clue what to do?
    06-08-2010 10:36 AM
    Call AT&T and have them remove it.
    06-08-2010 10:45 AM
    im from telus. but ok i will.
    06-08-2010 10:47 AM
    Next time do some on-line research. If it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Just put some descriptive words into google along with the word scam and you would be amazed how quickly this stuff is found to be scams. Never sign up for text message alerts. (Or anything you have to give your phone number for) unless you personally know the company. Not even sports teams.

You can get any alerts you really want thru email and twitter and they can't charge you for that.
    06-08-2010 12:32 PM
    I agree with the above post .. I have had trouble in the past with my daughter entering her number into websites. Arghh.
    06-08-2010 12:38 PM
    Reply with the word

STOP

then send it back.
    06-08-2010 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD