Somene is supposed to be buying my iPhone tomorrow. I am currently elidgible for an upgrade but don't want to go 2 weeks without an iPhone.

What I want to know is, if I go in a day or 2 and buy a new iPhone, can I go back and trade it for the new one when it comes out?

I'm thinking I should be able to since it would be within the 30 day trial period but I just want to make sure before I do it.

Thanks in advance.
    06-08-2010 03:32 AM
    Wouldn't risk it if I were you. What if supplies run low? Go to a factory direct or something, buy a ****ty Nokia for $30.
    06-08-2010 03:34 AM
    Well, I have back up phones to use. I just don't want to take the time to move over contacts and calendar events to use for 2 weeks.

Couldn't I still pre-order one if I did buy a 3Gs to hold me over? Do you have to pay in full to pre-order or pay some money down on it?
    06-08-2010 09:13 AM
    Well, I have back up phones to use. I just don't want to take the time to move over contacts and calendar events to use for 2 weeks.

Couldn't I still pre-order one if I did buy a 3Gs to hold me over? Do you have to pay in full to pre-order or pay some money down on it?
    Just go find an old 3G off Craigslist for $150 or so. If you use your upgrade now (seriously...wait 2 weeks) you won't be able to get the upgrade price for the new iPhone until you return the old one. So the best you could do is get a 3GS now, use it for a week, return it and then pre-order the new one.....but that would be a pretty lame thing to do.
    06-08-2010 09:22 AM

I wouldn't use the upgrade now. Just try and hold off and use your back ups since we all know now exactly when the iPhone 4 will be out.
    06-08-2010 09:25 AM
    As many said above, DO NOT UPGRADE NOW. or you will have to wait for iPhone V to get a discounted price!
    Just WAIT 2 weeks,,,, it'll be worth it ,,,,, and if money aint an issue for you then by all means by a discouned 3GS now , a full price iphone 4 in 2 weeks and hell buy one for me too while youre at it
    06-08-2010 09:28 AM
    So I wouldn't be able to return the iPhone to the AT&T store and exchange it for the iPhone 4 even though I would still be within the 30-day trial period?

That doesn't seem right to me.
    06-08-2010 09:30 AM
    Actually, this discussion is for nothing.

I just learned that another line on my account is due an upgrade on the 18th. So I can sell my iPhone today, go get another one tomorrow and if for some reason I can't exchange it, then I'll just return it during the 30-day trial period and pre-order the new one from the other line's upgrade.

Why must the iPhone be so addicting thus making me make things more difficult than what things should be?
    06-08-2010 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD