that is the question? whether tis nobler... Ahem sorry lol Anyway I noticed alot of people talking about getting the bumper. I have grown to love the new look of the center metal especially with the black one I think it creates a look. So I just can't see myself covering that up unless the whole phone is covered by a xase. It's like whole hog or none at all. I'm just wondering how many of you actually will be getting the bumper?
    06-08-2010 12:55 AM
    I see what you mean...they should come out with a light gray one...I think I do want one though. I'll probably get the black one and have all black.
    06-08-2010 01:04 AM
    The price is RIDICULOUS.
    I could never justify spending $29 on a freaking piece of rubber! You could cut holes in a live strong bracelet for $1.00!

I'm betting Belkin will come out with their version, $19.99 and including 5 in one package.
    06-08-2010 01:53 AM
    wait til a case that protects the entire phone drops
    06-08-2010 04:06 AM
    wait til a case that protects the entire phone drops
    I think this is more of an *accessory* than a case, it's mostly for style.
    06-08-2010 04:12 AM
    case>>>accessory
    06-08-2010 04:20 AM
    case>>>accessory
    To you. I hate cases, I'd buy one of these bumpers (the white one), but they are way too expensive for what they are.
    06-08-2010 04:31 AM
    Well we know Apple knows about style, do you think this was in preparation for the people who didn't like the metal band? It is ridiculously priced considering you can get a whole case for that price, you would think they would offer you one color for free when you buy the phone as a bonus. I wont be getting one it just flies in the face of my purist feelings. I either want to cover the whole case for safety or nothing at all(which will never happen)
    06-08-2010 08:34 AM
    I am a pouch person myself. In fact, T-Mobile has the best case for my needs. I don't like the velcro and I don't like ones that snap closed. Magnetic pouches for me.
    06-08-2010 09:55 AM
    I liked the belt holsters until one I had snapped and I just haven't bothered with them since.
    06-08-2010 01:07 PM
    I either want to cover the whole case for safety or nothing at all(which will never happen)
    It feels like I'm wearing...

nothing at all!
    nothing at all!
    nothing at alll!!!

lmao.

(Flanders)
    06-08-2010 01:50 PM
    The pricing is kind of ridiculous for a "bumper", it's not bad... the more I look at them. Of course, if I do get one, it would be in black if I get the black i4 or white if I get the white i4.
    06-08-2010 01:59 PM
    The price is just too ridiculous, I stand by the fact they should have given one out with the phone.
    06-08-2010 03:47 PM
    The price is just too ridiculous, I stand by the fact they should have given one out with the phone.
    Agreed, unless it comes in a pack with all the colours there's no way they can really sell those for $29....
    06-08-2010 03:55 PM
    Yes, all the Taiwanese knock-offs will come out like a deluge in the next few months. Someone - like Belkin, or Case-Mate, or Incipio, etc. will make a good one. And it will be cheaper, guaranteed.
    06-08-2010 04:28 PM
    I like the look of the metal. I did go a little crazy with fun skins for my current phone, but think I'll be more restrained with the new one.
    06-08-2010 09:03 PM
    If I do get the bumper I'll get black on black. Will it still stand up straight on a desk with the bumper on? Otherwise I'll just go naked. I had my iPhone 3GS for a year and 3G for a year and only dropped each once. I had invisible shield on first and case on second but took it off alot cuz i like it naked. I'll just have to be even more careful with this one. Should I use another invisible shield?
    06-08-2010 09:06 PM
    If I do get the bumper I'll get black on black. Will it still stand up straight on a desk with the bumper on? Otherwise I'll just go naked. I had my iPhone 3GS for a year and 3G for a year and only dropped each once. I had invisible shield on first and case on second but took it off alot cuz i like it naked. I'll just have to be even more careful with this one. Should I use another invisible shield?
    You're elevating the weight and trying to make it balance itself on rounded rubber. It won't stand up. :P
    06-08-2010 09:27 PM
    Ya, I'll definitely be going naked then. I might still check on out when they are released though.

P.S. I'm iPhone Intermediate after my last post! WOOOO!!
    06-08-2010 09:29 PM
    I'm tempted to go naked with 4. The only reason I had cases was to protect the chrome, namely the bezel and the Apple logo from scratches showing up. The glass was really resilient. With iPhone 4, it's all glass and steel, so I don't really see any problems there.
    06-08-2010 10:05 PM
    I know Apple is used to charging a premium for things but did they actually look at other cases? I mean employees at Apple must use iPhones and they must have bought cases. I mean not even the arguement about razor users buying it cuts it because even those users know what cases cost.
    06-08-2010 10:10 PM
    Waiting to get iPhone 4 in my hands before I decide on a case. The bump thing from Apple looks like a waste, for $30 I could get an otterbox.
    06-08-2010 10:20 PM
    I'm tempted to go naked with 4. The only reason I had cases was to protect the chrome, namely the bezel and the Apple logo from scratches showing up. The glass was really resilient. With iPhone 4, it's all glass and steel, so I don't really see any problems there.
    Exactly. That's why I'm totally comfortable with bare-backing this device. Haha..

Stainless steel siding, tough glass akin to gorilla glass on the front and back.. I feel great about skipping the case!
    06-08-2010 10:41 PM
    OK but what about it slipping out of your hand and falling down a flight of stairs? wouldn't you feel better about the case absorbing some of the impact instead of the internals? I will tell you why I will always use a case, last year I'm walking home, had my 3G in a leather case with a flap. I'm waiting on the corner and the light turns to walk so I walk out into the crosswalk. Well this cyclist decides to fly through the intersection on the yellow and I turn just in time to be broadsided. I played football in highschool and this hit was honestly hard. I hit my head on a street post and dropped to the ground. The real star of the story my iPhone was knocked out of my hand and skated across the asphalt. I thought it was doomed but when I picked it up there was no scratches anywhere and it worked perfectly. So after that incident I will ALWAYS have a case on it.
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 06-09-2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    06-09-2010 09:04 AM
    The bumpers only cover the stainless steel edge, and I guess that's because Apple is confident in the new ceramic glass back, which after seeing the iPhone 4 video, might be much harder to crack than the last ones.
    06-09-2010 09:32 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD