Do we know how much RAM the phone has? If the A4 processor is the same as the iPad (1Ghz), 512MB RAM would be sweet.

Steve
    06-07-2010 11:46 PM
    It doesn't need 512MB of ram. If it has 256MB of RAM, it will perform even faster than the iPad (because of the smaller scale). That's fast enough to squash competition for another year, I guarantee it.

Apple isn't all about specs. Android NEEDS a 1Ghz processor and 512MB of RAM just to sometimes have smooth scrolling. iPhone OS accomplished that with 400Mhz and 128MB of RAM. It's a whole different ball game, and software makes all the difference.
    06-08-2010 12:07 AM
    It doesn't need 512MB of ram. If it has 256MB of RAM, it will perform even faster than the iPad (because of the smaller scale). That's fast enough to squash competition for another year, I guarantee it.

Apple isn't all about specs. Android NEEDS a 1Ghz processor and 512MB of RAM just to sometimes have smooth scrolling. iPhone OS accomplished that with 400Mhz and 128MB of RAM. It's a whole different ball game, and software makes all the difference.
    I agree. RAM is nice but if it runs fast and smooth with a lesser amount who cares? Its just a number and people use it to try and prove the iPhone inferior to those "lovely" android phones.
    06-08-2010 12:46 AM
    I guess I got myself into the mindset of more RAM equalling better multi-tasking. You guys make some good points, but lets face it, 512MB RAM wouldn't hurt

Steve
    06-08-2010 01:11 AM
    I guess I got myself into the mindset of more RAM equalling better multi-tasking. You guys make some good points, but lets face it, 512MB RAM wouldn't hurt

Steve
    Well, look at the Evo's battery life, and look at the iPhone 4's.. People are already complaining that the Evo's battery is horrible. Apple knocked it out of the park with battery. They just introduced the world's slimmest smartphone with the world's longest lasting smartphone battery. I've never seen another smartphone that gets 10 hours of browsing, and an incredible 7 hours of 3G talk time.. Especially not in such a small package.

Just sayin', 512MB might just hurt. Haha.
    06-08-2010 01:52 AM

According to Gizmodo, there are "two low-power 128MB DDR SDRAM chips" inside the A4, so that answers that question.
    06-08-2010 02:50 AM
    I honestly would rather people didn't know. All the haters will do is ***** about the iPhone not having as much RAM.. @_@ god it's annoying. Not everything is about specs. Hell, iPhone 3G has better scrolling and UI transitions and responsiveness than the freaking Evo 4G. :/
    06-08-2010 02:58 AM
    I see your point, Jello.

(Not that I've played with an Evo yet - not sure when it'll hit Oz)
    06-08-2010 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD