Hardware query (iPhone 4)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't need 512MB of ram. If it has 256MB of RAM, it will perform even faster than the iPad (because of the smaller scale). That's fast enough to squash competition for another year, I guarantee it.

Apple isn't all about specs. Android NEEDS a 1Ghz processor and 512MB of RAM just to sometimes have smooth scrolling. iPhone OS accomplished that with 400Mhz and 128MB of RAM. It's a whole different ball game, and software makes all the difference.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't need 512MB of ram. If it has 256MB of RAM, it will perform even faster than the iPad (because of the smaller scale). That's fast enough to squash competition for another year, I guarantee it.

Apple isn't all about specs. Android NEEDS a 1Ghz processor and 512MB of RAM just to sometimes have smooth scrolling. iPhone OS accomplished that with 400Mhz and 128MB of RAM. It's a whole different ball game, and software makes all the difference.

I agree. RAM is nice but if it runs fast and smooth with a lesser amount who cares? Its just a number and people use it to try and prove the iPhone inferior to those "lovely" android phones.

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess I got myself into the mindset of more RAM equalling better multi-tasking. You guys make some good points, but lets face it, 512MB RAM wouldn't hurt :)

Steve

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I guess I got myself into the mindset of more RAM equalling better multi-tasking. You guys make some good points, but lets face it, 512MB RAM wouldn't hurt :)

Steve

Well, look at the Evo's battery life, and look at the iPhone 4's.. People are already complaining that the Evo's battery is horrible. Apple knocked it out of the park with battery. They just introduced the world's slimmest smartphone with the world's longest lasting smartphone battery. I've never seen another smartphone that gets 10 hours of browsing, and an incredible 7 hours of 3G talk time.. Especially not in such a small package.

Just sayin', 512MB might just hurt. Haha.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I honestly would rather people didn't know. All the haters will do is ***** about the iPhone not having as much RAM.. @_@ god it's annoying. Not everything is about specs. Hell, iPhone 3G has better scrolling and UI transitions and responsiveness than the freaking Evo 4G. :/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77