My white iPhone 3GS has developed several hairline cracks over time, not from being dropped. Two are on either side of the dock connector, one next to the headphone jack, and one along one of the corners. After reading around, I'm finding that this seems to be a common issue and that Apple will replace if still under warranty. However, one of my Liquid Contact Indicators has been triggered. My phone is still fully functional though.

Do you think Apple will replace my phone for the hairline cracks even if this LCI has been triggered, since the two are unrelated? I am still within my 1 year warranty.
    06-07-2010 11:39 AM
    I have one of those hairline cracks too, as well as a stand-by button that isn't working, and when I took it in to the Apple store they said they couldn't do anything with it because of the cracks.
    06-07-2010 11:42 AM
    Water indicators triggered plus hairline cracks? Doesn't look good for you. Sorry. I don't doubt your reasons, as I had those hairline cracks on my 3G phone. But with one sensor tripped.....no bueno.
    06-07-2010 11:58 AM
    It's worth a shot at Apple. I'd go to Apple, not ATT&T. They are distict issues and Apple does recognize the hairline cracks as a problem covered by warranty. I think it's worth a try.
    06-07-2010 11:26 PM
    I have had my white iphone replaced once, and am going to do it again right before I go out of warranty (these cracks now are much worse). But since the sensor being triggered.. I don't think they will replace it.
    06-07-2010 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD