Lost iPhone. Help please...

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
My wife lost her iPhone 32gb 3gs today. It looks like whomever found it will not answer the phone calls, so we cancelled the SIM/phone line. A few questions please, and sorry if this was asked before...

1) If we get a replacement iPhone, can she just plug it into iTunes on our home computer and resynch it with a previous restore point and get back all her info/apps, or no?

2) She has since changed all her email account passwords. Anything else she should be concerned about?

Thanks for any help. My wife is sooooo depressed that she lost the phone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry about your loss (as strange as that sounds, referring to a phone)!
1) Yes! And it's easy. Just plug it in and open iTunes.
2) Did she use it for Facebook and twitter, or other websites? Really she should change all of the passwords for every site she used on the phone.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Great, that's comforting. I'm sure she'll be happy to hear that she can just plug it in and restore her old info.

I'll let her know that she needs to also change her other passwords. Thanks a bunch!!

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
No, unfortunately, she doesn't have MobileMe. We considered it at first, but then with the push Gmail and Yahoo, figured it wasn't necessary. Oh well.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Mobile Me

I see people have already suggested it but if you had Mobile Me you could remotely wipe the data from the phone. If you didn't have Mobile Me maybe you should sign up for the free 2 month trial and consider it this time. There have been talks and rumors about it going free too.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Just a follow up...well, after one week, no one ever returned her iPhone. My wife was so dreading not having her iPhone, and felt so lost without it. Lol. AT&T wouldn't give her a full discount upgrade since she was only 6 months into her old contract, so we had to suck it up and pay the early upgrade somewhat less discounted price for a replacement. I told her she could always go back to her Blackberry Pearl, but she said no way! Lol. As punishment for being careless, I got her a 16gb model as the replacement. :)

Good thing is that she was able to just plug the replacement iPhone into iTunes and restore all the info she had in her old phone. Hooray!...I don't need to hear her whining about missing her iPhone anymore. :D Thx again for all the suggestions.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2