Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • YESSSSSS I've been waiting for it forever

11 57.89%
  • No don't want to hold the camera up to my face

3 15.79%
  • Meh whatever it's new hardware

5 26.32%
    So the new iPhone is rumored, read has, a front facing camera. Are you excited about this? Why, what do you plan to use it for? I was just thinking it would be cool to have video voicemail so you wouldn't have to guess from the tone of their voice and it's more personal. Do you think that would even happen?
    06-01-2010 07:43 AM
    I don't see a need for a front facing camera. They are typically low-resolution (2 MP at most), probably won't work very well on an already congested AT&T network. I feel Apple needs to work on different things. Video voicemail is a cool concept, but I know who's calling me by the name on the visual voicemail.

If the new iPhone has that silly little front facing camera, I would never use it. I rarely use the regular camera as it is.
    06-01-2010 11:59 AM
    1. Use - Vlogging. It will most likely record 640x480 video, which I can crop to 640x360 in a new video editing app that is coming out this summer, so it will be great for that.
    2. Taking pictures of myself will be much easier.
    3. Mirror without a mirror. I used to have a mirror screen protector but I got rid when I sold my 3G, and before the iPhone I had an LG Shine KE970 which has a mirror screen. It's really useful because nobody knows you're staring at yourself and it's more convenient than carrying a mirror around.
    4. Dock it and have some skype sex (over wifi, of course).

I wouldn't be interested in video calling, because it's expensive and I would never answer a video call because I don't always look great.
    06-01-2010 12:14 PM
    4. Dock it and have some skype sex (over wifi, of course).
    That's actually a good idea.
    06-01-2010 12:15 PM
    That's actually a good idea.
    Yeah, at least on my desk the angle is probably pretty good for that. XD haha
    06-01-2010 01:03 PM
    I will be using it for Skype video chat. Me and my kids are always video chatting when I'm not at home. This will be great for video chatting on the go. Just like MMS I will more than likely use it alot when I first get it and end up not using it as much once it gets old.
    06-01-2010 03:12 PM
    Yeah I've had a front facing camera on Nokia phones for a couple of years now, and I never really used it. Pure novelty like so many other features on today's phones.
    06-01-2010 03:45 PM
    I will be using it for Skype video chat. Me and my kids are always video chatting when I'm not at home. This will be great for video chatting on the go. Just like MMS I will more than likely use it alot when I first get it and end up not using it as much once it gets old.

And this reason(to see the kids)is why the next iPhone will be in every family members hands, grandparents will now be gifted iPhones to easily see the grankids....I know personally I am on the road a good 1 1/2 months a year, and being able to iChat on my Macbook is nice with the old lady and dogs, maybe the iPhone won't confine us to having to be on our Macbooks to iChat
    06-01-2010 04:06 PM
    Yeah I had a front facing camera on my old Nokia and it actually came in handy sometimes especially for younger teens and 20 somethings who send MMS back & forth. The only thing I can't see using it for iChat if you're sitting you could use your webcam but then maybe the person has a PC and no webcam. I don't think I'll be using it much but I see some uses for it.
    06-01-2010 05:36 PM
    It's not a rumor. The specs show that there is a front facing camera.

Will come in handy when trying to take self photos. A pain now as you can only hope that the angle is okay.
    06-01-2010 05:40 PM
    i think this would be a great addition to the iPhone!!
    06-01-2010 06:12 PM
    Now that I think of it I might not see a ton of functionality but then again once it's out who knows what devs will do with it. I forgot one thing it's an easy way to get pictures of hot women behind you LOL It will also be cheaper for some people who have no computer to do vidchat.
    06-01-2010 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD