I think apple has been throwing at&t under the bus. I tested my iphone 3gs and my blackberry in areas where I have dropped calls. The blackberry switches to edge and the iphone drops the call. I think the iphone stays in 3g and not switching to edge. Is this true I have never seen my 3gs in edge.
    05-30-2010 05:10 PM
    I live in an edge area. My phone switches from 3G to Edge, but now that I think about it, I think that the hand off from 3G to Edge may not work. This explains why I dropped a cal the other day. Begin in 3G - drive into Edge - drop call and call back in Edge. Turn off 3G and stay in Edge and the call hands off properly.
    05-30-2010 05:33 PM
    I travel all over on the Rogers network and have not seen a problem. I only seem to lose calls in a building where signal can't reach. AT&T on the other hand is bad for dropped calls and O2 is even worse. This is using the 3gs on all three networks
    05-30-2010 07:09 PM
    I think apple has been throwing at&t under the bus. I tested my iphone 3gs and my blackberry in areas where I have dropped calls. The blackberry switches to edge and the iphone drops the call. I think the iphone stays in 3g and not switching to edge. Is this true I have never seen my 3gs in edge.
    Yours might have a hardware issue, because when I switch from 3G to Edge the call doesn't drop. The iPhone absolutely uses Edge and doesn't have a problem switching to it.
    05-30-2010 07:47 PM
    Yours might have a hardware issue, because when I switch from 3G to Edge the call doesn't drop. The iPhone absolutely uses Edge and doesn't have a problem switching to it.
    Yeah it was hardware. I live in a really good 3g area and their are a few spots of edge, but it was the phone.
    06-01-2010 07:16 PM
    I think apple has been throwing at&t under the bus. .......
    On the contrary, while I believe that "under the bus" is a good place for AT&T, I think that, in part because AT&T has the best 3G coverage of the two domestic GSM carriers, Apple not only tolerates but defends AT&T. Steve Jobs: "People I trust tell me that it is a hard problem but it will be better in a few months."

Steve, it is time to end the exclusivity.
    06-04-2010 01:44 PM
    Here's a weird Edge/3G thing. I have a 3GS. Husband has my old 3G. The other night, we were in a same room, just feet apart-my phone was surfing the web on Edge, his 3G. Strange and irritating.
    06-06-2010 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD