So. I have been very indecisive about a certain issue and I believe to have made a conclusion.

This all started oh lets say.. and hour ago, on these very forums. I was taking a look at a thread about upgrade eligibility and it somehow lead into Canadian carriers and their coverage and speeds.

I am currently in the first year of my contract with Rogers for my 3GS, I pay $100 a month for what I thought was a good plan.. then I took a reality check and realized I do not need half of this s**t. I have 6GB of Data, 150 mins, my 5, unlimited SMS and MMS and visual voice mail. Now.. I thought this was a good plan. Then I realized a few things.

1) I use 3GB of data usually, but.. this is not a good representation of what I should be using. See, I pay $30 a month for the 6GB data add on, so I feel obligated to use as much Data as I can, this means even when I am home, I never have wifi on.. this is just impractical .

2) Visual voicemail is cool, but along with the $20 price tag it has (keep in mind it is bundled with MMS and SMS) I do not think it is a necessity.

3) Rogers coverage.. sucks..

4) Telus (and Bell) has a great plan. for $65 bucks a month, I would get 300 anytime minutes, unlimited SMS, voicemail, unlimited nights and weekends (after 9PM) and unlimited local calling for the first 6 months. More Details

5) Everyone else in my family is on Telus and pays less than $50 a month for their BB's.

SO! With all those things being said i think I can say I am pretty psyched to say peace to Rogers and move on to Telus.. but.. this brings me to the one question. What is the Rogers ETF at the moment for someone who is a year into the contract? I heard it $20 a month for the remaining time up to $400 bucks, but that was in 2008. Has it changed since? Anyone know exactly what it is. The problem is I do not want to contact Rogers directly as they may do what Bell attempted to do and lock my number so I can not move it (thank god I managed to move it afterall). Anyway.. I am rambling now.. and it is late.. and I ramble late.

So. Anyone know of any help on this matter? Oh.. and Rene, I want your opinion on this to
    05-28-2010 01:13 AM
    Google is your friend. You could have searched this yourself:

Terms and Conditions
    05-28-2010 01:25 AM
    hi...

your posting very good..

Tony-deslandes is best site for videos and iphone applications.

Thanks..
    05-28-2010 05:48 AM
    Oh wow. Still 400. Maybe Ill just stick it out another year on Robbers and switch with the version after the 4G/ HD
    05-28-2010 08:22 AM
    Visual voicemail is cool, but along with the $20 price tag it has (keep in mind it is bundled with MMS and SMS)
    At least Roggers bundles texting w/ visual voicemail. On AT&T, unlimited texting is an additional $20/month! Talk about being robbed. I don't have a text plan for this very reason.
    05-28-2010 09:04 AM
    Wow. I knew AT&T was bad. Didn't know that bad.
    05-28-2010 09:25 AM
    It's a total rip off. You'd think Rogers would match a plan if you want to go to another carrier, but they won't. They don't really care about their customers. Only about money. Such a shame.
    05-28-2010 11:34 AM
    150 minutes a month? Garbage.
    05-28-2010 12:41 PM
    I'm not sure but I can guarantee that it's RIDICULOUS, just like every other fee on Canadian wireless carriers.

If I were you though, I'd stick with Rogers! They give iPhone users special treatment like early upgrades.. I really don't think Bell or Telus will do that.
    05-28-2010 03:44 PM
    DataCentre, Bell and Telus are just as bad! Except Bell also has absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. I have Internet with them and I have to call them about my bill pretty much every month because they always charge me for nothing and they argue with me till the death about it when they know I am right! It's really horrible. They are a nightmare to deal with.

To the OP, also, that's $65 + all the fees, + taxes. After all that it's more like $85.
    05-28-2010 03:48 PM
    DataCentre, Bell and Telus are just as bad! Except Bell also has absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. I have Internet with them and I have to call them about my bill pretty much every month because they always charge me for nothing and they argue with me till the death about it when they know I am right! It's really horrible. They are a nightmare to deal with.

To the OP, also, that's $65 + all the fees, + taxes. After all that it's more like $85.
    True.. My plan is $75 and I pay $100 with taxes and what not.. so.. Telus would not really be that much better would it?
    05-28-2010 03:54 PM
    True.. My plan is $75 and I pay $100 with taxes and what not.. so.. Telus would not really be that much better would it?
    It really wouldn't be much better, especially considering you get 6x as much data so you never have to worry about going over (I have 1GB, and I've gone over more than once and I rarely leave my house.)
    05-28-2010 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD