What color next-gen iPhone will you choose?

What color next-gen iPhone will you choose?

• Total voters

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm going white and I may stay with 16GB. That's what I have now and I have only used half of it after a full year of use.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've been getting the white since the 3G (tried the black once on my 2nd 3G, but sold it and got white again), but the white in this version doesn't look as good with the front being white as well.

So... I'll be pre-ordering both and then keeping whichever one I like in store better.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Black. I wanted to try the white but a coworker got the white 3GS and after about 8 months he said he'll never get another white iPhone. So black 32GB iPhone 4 it is.

However , I think the white iPhone works best with cases like apple's own.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I'm going white and I may stay with 16GB. That's what I have now and I have only used half of it after a full year of use.

I'd be concerned with the new higher MP photos, and HD video recording.
The HD video might take up space fast. I suppose you could just transfer/upload things off the phone and delete. But I know I'll be keeping some of the videos I create on the phone.

I currently have an 8gb iPhone, and only using half it's capacity because I have a iPod video hooked up to my car, where all of my music is stored.
I only have my top fav bands on my iPhone.

I'm still in debate between the white and the black...
I have a black iPhone 3G right now, and know if I chose the black iPhone 4, I'd love it.
But I kind of want to try something different. :)

Either way, I'll be getting the 32gb version.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd be concerned with the new higher MP photos, and HD video recording.
The HD video might take up space fast. I suppose you could just transfer/upload things off the phone and delete. But I know I'll be keeping some of the videos I create on the phone.

I currently have an 8gb iPhone, and only using half it's capacity because I have a iPod video hooked up to my car, where all of my music is stored.
I only have my top fav bands on my iPhone.

I'm still in debate between the white and the black...
I have a black iPhone 3G right now, and know if I chose the black iPhone 4, I'd love it.
But I kind of want to try something different. :)

Either way, I'll be getting the 32gb version.

I think the 33GB option is pretty much a must. Like you said those pics and video (if your into that) will take up lots of space. I really wish they would have been able to release a 64 GB but 32 GB should be fine.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
HD video isn't as space taking as people seem to think it is. Especially with Apple's compression methods. I've used several camcorders all with a 4GB SD card and it's not a big deal. I'm willing to bet iPhone 4 has more advanced compression methods as well that allow for smaller footprints. If you're using less than 8GB now, I don't think you'll cross over 16GB just by taking 5 megapixel photos and HD video.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i am leaning towards a black 16GB as i have a white 16GB 3GS now and i still have over 8GB left on it so i know i won't be maxing out my space on a 16 so i may end up getting a black one when i walk into my ATT store tuesday morning when i go to pay for my phone.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
HD video isn't as space taking as people seem to think it is. Especially with Apple's compression methods. I've used several camcorders all with a 4GB SD card and it's not a big deal. I'm willing to bet iPhone 4 has more advanced compression methods as well that allow for smaller footprints. If you're using less than 8GB now, I don't think you'll cross over 16GB just by taking 5 megapixel photos and HD video.

True, but I'd rather not have to worry about if I "have enough space" to record another video, or add more songs/photos/movies, you know?
I'm kind of addicted to photography/videography. So I'll probably be using these functions more than most (obviously not to replace my DSLR, or Cam...but this will ALWAYS be with me, for spontaneous shots).
Plus I never filled my iPhone with stuff, mainly because it only has 8gb.
That, plus the fact that my phone starts to bog like crazy after 2 months of use, and I generally have to wipe it and make it a fresh phone. Just got over re-adding everything I suppose.
Regardless, $100 for an extra 16gb, barely scratches the 2-year cost of owning one. Not to mention the resale value will be higher. Just makes more sense to me to get the 32gb version no matter how I look at it.

Now if I could only have it in my hands right now. :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
That's true about resale value..
And hey, why can't it replace your point and shoot? It's certainly good enough, have you seen the stills on the apple website? I'm very glad I returned my point and shoot (which also recorded 720p) to best buy! Also another great feature of iPhone 4's camera is that you can tap to refocus during video recording! That's damn impressive. I've owned a lot of pocket camcorders and not a single one of them offered that.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
That's true about resale value..
And hey, why can't it replace your point and shoot? It's certainly good enough, have you seen the stills on the apple website? I'm very glad I returned my point and shoot (which also recorded 720p) to best buy! Also another great feature of iPhone 4's camera is that you can tap to refocus during video recording! That's damn impressive. I've owned a lot of pocket camcorders and not a single one of them offered that.

I don't have a point and shoot, that's why. :)
Only a DSLR.
So this WILL become my point and shoot.
And after looking at the photo examples the other day on Apples site, I'm pretty sure this will compete with some point and shoots out there.
And I'm COMPLETELY excited for the tap to focus for video. Opens up a whole new window for creativity!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a point and shoot, that's why. :)
Only a DSLR.
So this WILL become my point and shoot.
And after looking at the photo examples the other day on Apples site, I'm pretty sure this will compete with some point and shoots out there.
And I'm COMPLETELY excited for the tap to focus for video. Opens up a whole new window for creativity!

It really does. I've owned several HD pocket camcorders, Sony Webbie, Sanyo Xacti, and they barely offered autofocus at all nevermind being able to focus again during recording. The Flip is nothing compared to the iPhone 4. It has internal storage, better video quality, and refocusing... Flip is in serious trouble this year if Apple pushes the camcorder functionality.

The only thing that bugs me is that I can't record a landscape video while holding it in portrait. That's just annoying. And it's not a hardware limitation either.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
It really does. I've owned several HD pocket camcorders, Sony Webbie, Sanyo Xacti, and they barely offered autofocus at all nevermind being able to focus again during recording. The Flip is nothing compared to the iPhone 4. It has internal storage, better video quality, and refocusing... Flip is in serious trouble this year if Apple pushes the camcorder functionality.

The only thing that bugs me is that I can't record a landscape video while holding it in portrait. That's just annoying. And it's not a hardware limitation either.

I completely agree with you about FLIP.
They really should have added GOOD 1080p recording (or at least good 720p) and image stabilization this year, instead of only adding the larger semi-touch screen.
From the video samples I've seen, this blows any pocket cam 720p recordings away. :)
Flip (or should I say Cisco?) better be coming up with something new quick if they want to keep customers.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Damn, I'm really torn between the white & black. I have a black 16GB 3GS, and will stick w/the 16GB size. But for color, the white really pops to my eye w/it's clean lines & design. And, it'd match my white MacBook. But then, it's hard to beat the classic black & silver/stainless.

I've got a feeling I'll be going back & forth right up 'til the minute I log on to pre-order on the 15th...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I completely agree with you about FLIP.
They really should have added GOOD 1080p recording (or at least good 720p) and image stabilization this year, instead of only adding the larger semi-touch screen.
From the video samples I've seen, this blows any pocket cam 720p recordings away. :)
Flip (or should I say Cisco?) better be coming up with something new quick if they want to keep customers.

Honestly with that Flip slide bull crap, I think they are totally off their rocker.

1080p recording should be left to DSLRs or larger because of the sensors, at least for a few years. Maybe in 2012 we'll get good 1080p in a flip.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Honestly with that Flip slide bull crap, I think they are totally off their rocker.

1080p recording should be left to DSLRs or larger because of the sensors, at least for a few years. Maybe in 2012 we'll get good 1080p in a flip.

Agreed.
Everyone was expecting them to step it up this year. Especially since they were acquired by Cisco. But they just put out another mediocre camera, that sadly is somehow "at the top" of these pocket cams in terms of market share.

That's where Apple stepped in yet again.
Creating an HD camera in their phone, that from the clips I've seen, produces a higher quality video than any of these pocket cams. The worst part is, their sole and only purpose, is to shoot video...and they don't do that great of a job at that.
It's honestly amazing what the iPhone is capable of. Especially with the new iPhone 4/iOS4.
It's easy to forget sometimes that it's actually a phone. :D

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Agreed.
Everyone was expecting them to step it up this year. Especially since they were acquired by Cisco. But they just put out another mediocre camera, that sadly is somehow "at the top" of these pocket cams in terms of market share.

That's where Apple stepped in yet again.
Creating an HD camera in their phone, that from the clips I've seen, produces a higher quality video than any of these pocket cams. The worst part is, their sole and only purpose, is to shoot video...and they don't do that great of a job at that.
It's honestly amazing what the iPhone is capable of. Especially with the new iPhone 4/iOS4.
It's easy to forget sometimes that it's actually a phone. :D

Yes, even if you pair a desktop PC with Windows Movie Maker and a Flip HD, you're still better off getting an iPhone than both of those things together because the iPhone has iMovie! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal