Will you be purchasing the new iPhone?

Will you purchase the new iPhone?

• Total voters

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
Speed. I'm betting mobile Safari is going to be twice as fast with that 1Ghz processor.

Never have I thought my 3gs was "slow", but I'm sure it will be "slow" compared to the new iPhone. OS 4 will more than likely slow down the 3gs but I can't imagine it slowing it down enough for the experience to be negative. If that were the case Apple wouldn't allow it to be upgraded. And if I am frustrated with the speed of OS 4 on my 3gs I have no problem downgrading back to 3.1.3, as I have taken the necessary precautions.

Despite more than likely not getting the new iPhone, I'm still looking forward to seeing it. I'm always looking for reasons to spend money on new toys, so I want to be tempted, but unfortunately I don't think I will be.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Never have I thought my 3gs was "slow", but I'm sure it will be "slow" compared to the new iPhone. OS 4 will more than likely slow down the 3gs but I can't imagine it slowing it down enough for the experience to be negative. If that were the case Apple wouldn't allow it to be upgraded. And if I am frustrated with the speed of OS 4 on my 3gs I have no problem downgrading back to 3.1.3, as I have taken the necessary precautions.

Despite more than likely not getting the new iPhone, I'm still looking forward to seeing it. I'm always looking for reasons to spend money on new toys, so I want to be tempted, but unfortunately I don't think I will be.

The 3GS is by no means slouchy, but compared to the Nexus One on Android 2.2, it does fall behind slightly in loading most pages (though it excels in others).

I have a feeling the new iPhone is going to blow Android devices away in terms of speed. The iPhone 3GS does amazingly well on a 600mhz processor with half the ram of these devices, imagine what a 1Ghz processor and equal ram could do.

rekamds

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely YES and almost certainly YES!

As soon as they are available handset only in the UK I will be buying one for the wife - mainly to stop her using my 3GS. I'll then test run hers myself and decide whether it's worth getting one for myself! I think I already know the answer!!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yes, but only if the screen/resolution is improved per rumors. If not, i'd be tempted to look at Evo.

Last edited:

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The 3GS is by no means slouchy, but compared to the Nexus One on Android 2.2, it does fall behind slightly in loading most pages (though it excels in others).

I have a feeling the new iPhone is going to blow Android devices away in terms of speed. The iPhone 3GS does amazingly well on a 600mhz processor with half the ram of these devices, imagine what a 1Ghz processor and equal ram could do.

1Ghz and 512MB RAM would be sweet!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't know whether I should be happy or sad, the end of the month is coming which means bills, but iPhone G4 is being announced a week after!

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't know whether I should be happy or sad, the end of the month is coming which means bills, but iPhone G4 is being announced a week after!

How soon after do you think it will release? I'm contemplating wether or not to just buy it online, since I won't be elegible for an upgrade until August. Or could I call apple and would they upgrade me early?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Lmao that IS freaky, myself and a girl from my high school both moved to London, and we never saw each other there, then we both happened to visit Toronto and ran into eachother in the Eaton Center on the same day. That was so freaky.

Anyway I thought about that but would security at Eatons kick you out?

Meh, I doubt it. But never the less I will most likely do what I did last year. I went to the Rogers store at the Upper Canada Mall and waited outside until they opened an hour early. I got there at 6:30 for a 7:00 AM opening and there was a grand total of 6 people in line.. W00t for no lines baby!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Meh, I doubt it. But never the less I will most likely do what I did last year. I went to the Rogers store at the Upper Canada Mall and waited outside until they opened an hour early. I got there at 6:30 for a 7:00 AM opening and there was a grand total of 6 people in line.. W00t for no lines baby!
I need to be first in line though... I think I'll go at 1:30am before the subways close and just wait. I won't be able to sleep anyway.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what I will do. I got my 3GS in November so I don't know if I will have a upgrade. To be honest, if the design doesn't look different, I will be pretty disinterested. I LOVE my iPhone but I get bored quickly with phones. I would really like to see the next iPhone have the Sprint Evo's screen but I know that won't happen.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
No doubt about it... lol. Even if all they did was upgrade the ram, I'd be getting it. I plan to get every iPhone that comes out.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@MsEYE
it's definitely going to look different, the leaks are the real thing. I don't think the iPhone will ever get a 4.3" screen, I feel like a screen of that size is completely unnecessary and a mistake for sales. Most people really don't want a huge phone.

papasmurfrock

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
sorry for the crazy question...does anyone know just how much "better" the new iphone will be over the 3gs. i currently have a 3g but i know that walmart has the 3gs for under a hundred bucks right now. i just want to make a wise decision here, you know? i mean, i wonder if it would even be worth it to pay a lot more money for the new phone when i can go ahead and get a 3gs for such a great deal.
another question...my contract with att is up in september. do i have to wait until then to buy either one of the new phone or 3gs? i mean, will i have to pay some sort of early termination fee or what? thanks everyone. sorry for being so ignorant about these things! lol.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I need to be first in line though... I think I'll go at 1:30am before the subways close and just wait. I won't be able to sleep anyway.

Yea, that is more logical in Toronto. You have to imagine though that the lines for Rogers will be shorter as the big three now all have the iPhone. I have to imagine Rogers lost or will lose customers on launch of the 4G, G4, HD whatever the hell it is called.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
sorry for the crazy question...does anyone know just how much "better" the new iphone will be over the 3gs. i currently have a 3g but i know that walmart has the 3gs for under a hundred bucks right now. i just want to make a wise decision here, you know? i mean, i wonder if it would even be worth it to pay a lot more money for the new phone when i can go ahead and get a 3gs for such a great deal.
another question...my contract with att is up in september. do i have to wait until then to buy either one of the new phone or 3gs? i mean, will i have to pay some sort of early termination fee or what? thanks everyone. sorry for being so ignorant about these things! lol.

Just wait it out.. and the extra hundred or so you will pay will seem like nothing compared to the per month price either way. There is absolutely no reason to get a 3GS now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR