View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPhone?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

113 79.58%
  • No

12 8.45%
  • Not sure yet...

17 11.97%
    Yes, but only if the screen/resolution is improved per rumors. If not, i'd be tempted to look at Evo.
    Last edited by cardfan; 05-26-2010 at 07:00 AM.
    05-26-2010 06:58 AM
    The 3GS is by no means slouchy, but compared to the Nexus One on Android 2.2, it does fall behind slightly in loading most pages (though it excels in others).

I have a feeling the new iPhone is going to blow Android devices away in terms of speed. The iPhone 3GS does amazingly well on a 600mhz processor with half the ram of these devices, imagine what a 1Ghz processor and equal ram could do.
    1Ghz and 512MB RAM would be sweet!
    05-26-2010 10:45 AM
    Counting down the days!!
    05-26-2010 02:25 PM
    I don't know whether I should be happy or sad, the end of the month is coming which means bills, but iPhone G4 is being announced a week after!
    05-26-2010 04:01 PM
    I don't know whether I should be happy or sad, the end of the month is coming which means bills, but iPhone G4 is being announced a week after!
    How soon after do you think it will release? I'm contemplating wether or not to just buy it online, since I won't be elegible for an upgrade until August. Or could I call apple and would they upgrade me early?
    05-26-2010 04:41 PM
    Lmao that IS freaky, myself and a girl from my high school both moved to London, and we never saw each other there, then we both happened to visit Toronto and ran into eachother in the Eaton Center on the same day. That was so freaky.

Anyway I thought about that but would security at Eatons kick you out?
    Meh, I doubt it. But never the less I will most likely do what I did last year. I went to the Rogers store at the Upper Canada Mall and waited outside until they opened an hour early. I got there at 6:30 for a 7:00 AM opening and there was a grand total of 6 people in line.. W00t for no lines baby!
    05-26-2010 11:52 PM
    Meh, I doubt it. But never the less I will most likely do what I did last year. I went to the Rogers store at the Upper Canada Mall and waited outside until they opened an hour early. I got there at 6:30 for a 7:00 AM opening and there was a grand total of 6 people in line.. W00t for no lines baby!
    I need to be first in line though... I think I'll go at 1:30am before the subways close and just wait. I won't be able to sleep anyway.
    05-27-2010 12:31 AM
    unfortunately i have to wait for my upgrade in november. but i will be getting it.
    05-27-2010 11:11 PM
    I don't know what I will do. I got my 3GS in November so I don't know if I will have a upgrade. To be honest, if the design doesn't look different, I will be pretty disinterested. I LOVE my iPhone but I get bored quickly with phones. I would really like to see the next iPhone have the Sprint Evo's screen but I know that won't happen.
    05-28-2010 12:12 AM
    No doubt about it... lol. Even if all they did was upgrade the ram, I'd be getting it. I plan to get every iPhone that comes out.
    05-28-2010 03:15 PM
    @MsEYE
    it's definitely going to look different, the leaks are the real thing. I don't think the iPhone will ever get a 4.3" screen, I feel like a screen of that size is completely unnecessary and a mistake for sales. Most people really don't want a huge phone.
    05-28-2010 03:30 PM
    No because I have the 3GS and I'm under contract and I'm not rich... But the 5th generation iPhone WILL BE MINE!!
    05-28-2010 08:39 PM
    sorry for the crazy question...does anyone know just how much "better" the new iphone will be over the 3gs. i currently have a 3g but i know that walmart has the 3gs for under a hundred bucks right now. i just want to make a wise decision here, you know? i mean, i wonder if it would even be worth it to pay a lot more money for the new phone when i can go ahead and get a 3gs for such a great deal.
    another question...my contract with att is up in september. do i have to wait until then to buy either one of the new phone or 3gs? i mean, will i have to pay some sort of early termination fee or what? thanks everyone. sorry for being so ignorant about these things! lol.
    05-28-2010 11:33 PM
    I need to be first in line though... I think I'll go at 1:30am before the subways close and just wait. I won't be able to sleep anyway.
    Yea, that is more logical in Toronto. You have to imagine though that the lines for Rogers will be shorter as the big three now all have the iPhone. I have to imagine Rogers lost or will lose customers on launch of the 4G, G4, HD whatever the hell it is called.
    05-29-2010 12:40 AM
    sorry for the crazy question...does anyone know just how much "better" the new iphone will be over the 3gs. i currently have a 3g but i know that walmart has the 3gs for under a hundred bucks right now. i just want to make a wise decision here, you know? i mean, i wonder if it would even be worth it to pay a lot more money for the new phone when i can go ahead and get a 3gs for such a great deal.
    another question...my contract with att is up in september. do i have to wait until then to buy either one of the new phone or 3gs? i mean, will i have to pay some sort of early termination fee or what? thanks everyone. sorry for being so ignorant about these things! lol.
    Just wait it out.. and the extra hundred or so you will pay will seem like nothing compared to the per month price either way. There is absolutely no reason to get a 3GS now.
    05-29-2010 12:42 AM
    Just wait it out.. and the extra hundred or so you will pay will seem like nothing compared to the per month price either way. There is absolutely no reason to get a 3GS now.
    what does that mean though? are the prices per month dropping with the new phone?

why is there no reason to get a 3gs now? if the plan per month costs the same for both, wouldn't the difference be between the up front price of a 3gs and a new phone?

sorry. i'm just a little confused here. it would seem to me that getting the 3gs for such a good deal is the better route if there's not much difference between that and the new phone, you know?
    05-29-2010 09:20 AM
    what does that mean though? are the prices per month dropping with the new phone?

why is there no reason to get a 3gs now? if the plan per month costs the same for both, wouldn't the difference be between the up front price of a 3gs and a new phone?

sorry. i'm just a little confused here. it would seem to me that getting the 3gs for such a good deal is the better route if there's not much difference between that and the new phone, you know?
    The point is that the upfront cost does not match the cost of ownership.

Cost of ownership including purchase would end up being around $2600 *usually a little less* after 2 years. $100 makes that $2700, but with a much better and up to date device that keeps you a lot more satisfied.. It's a small small price to pay for having the better model.
    05-29-2010 09:38 AM
    Yes but I may give it a few weeks and feel out the Verizon iPhone rumors. Either way I will have the newest iPhone sometime this year (the sooner the better).
    05-29-2010 01:29 PM
    The point is that the upfront cost does not match the cost of ownership.

Cost of ownership including purchase would end up being around $2600 *usually a little less* after 2 years. $100 makes that $2700, but with a much better and up to date device that keeps you a lot more satisfied.. It's a small small price to pay for having the better model.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    05-29-2010 01:40 PM
    I will probably get one, but will wait a while to see what all it will do, and what problems arise in the new phone. Will probably have to wait a while until others have them anyway and until businesses see how they can use them effectively with customers. But I'm looking forward to it.
    05-29-2010 02:55 PM
    oh ok. that does make a lot of sense. thanks for the explanation.
    unfortunately, i just don't know if i can pay an arm and a leg up front for the new model. we will see. any ideas what the initial price will be? i'm guessing $300. is that about right?
    05-29-2010 02:56 PM
    oh ok. that does make a lot of sense. thanks for the explanation.
    unfortunately, i just don't know if i can pay an arm and a leg up front for the new model. we will see. any ideas what the initial price will be? i'm guessing $300. is that about right?
    It will most definitely be $200 and $300 just like it was this year for the 3GS. Sell your current iPhone to pay for the new one! That's what I do every year.
    05-29-2010 06:44 PM
    I remember last June where AT&T did something where if you paid and extra $200 you could get a new iPhone with a new contract. Does anyone remember what the details where on that?

For example the 16GB iPhone 3Gs was $199 on contract but some current AT&T customers had the option of getting it for $399 with a new extension of their contract. I'm thinking it was for people who weren't eligible for a upgrade but how long did you have to be with AT&T to get a new phone at that price?
    05-30-2010 01:34 AM
    I remember last June where AT&T did something where if you paid and extra $200 you could get a new iPhone with a new contract. Does anyone remember what the details where on that?

For example the 16GB iPhone 3Gs was $199 on contract but some current AT&T customers had the option of getting it for $399 with a new extension of their contract. I'm thinking it was for people who weren't eligible for a upgrade but how long did you have to be with AT&T to get a new phone at that price?
    AT&T calls this an exception upgrade. This is available for all customers with AT&T. Depending on which model phone you want to upgrade to the pricing increases on top of the upgrade or new activation pricing ($40 for texting phones to $200 for the iPhone). It allows you to upgrade before the 18 month period. You have to have good payment standing on your bills and be a minimum of 6 months into your current contract to apply. Just be ready to lock in for 2 more years. Only the Core stores can do exception upgrades on iPhones, but Authorized Dealers will do them on all the other phones in AT&T's lineup. Hope that helps!
    j7469 likes this.
    05-30-2010 10:25 AM
    I'll be getting one!
    I still have my iPhone 3G (been almost 2 years now). I skipped the 3Gs, as it wasn't a substantial upgrade for me.
    Really excited about this new model though! I even dreamt about it last night, then woke up and saw I still had the old one. haha.

One more week and we'll get to see the new beauty, and all that OS 4 will have to offer! Can't wait.
    05-30-2010 07:26 PM
106 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD