iPhone dropping to $97 tomorrow

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If only there was a way to bypass the activation/sign up for the fee.

Don't highjack threads, ur question was answered ur own thread.

psychokiid

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Great Price I was looking to get an iPhone n get at&t I'm sick of t-mobile n there crappy phone lineup and this POS android phone please dont get caught in all the hype...

9ki

Apr 22, 2010
www.9000ipadwallpapers.info
Seems that one important calculation is to compare the unsubsidized price of the phone to the sum of the contract price plus the early termination fee,

I was thinking more along the lines of how long I'm going to have left on my contract by the time the new model comes out and how much it will cost em to upgrade unless I want to wait until my contract is up.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
$325- is the cost of the subsidy to the subscriber if not the value to AT&T. The effective penalty goes up with the age of one's contract. If one opts our after one month, one avoids 23 months of contract for 325-. if one opts out after 23 months, one gets one month of contract forgiveness for 325-.

Pretty sure that ETF is prorated over the course of a contracts life. There was some legal issues that forced carriers to change their stance on ETF ( here in the states ). For AT&T's previous $175 ETF, it would go down $5 / month of completed service, so were you to cancel on your last month, you'd have a fee of $55 instead of $175. I found a reference that claims AT&T will reduce the $325 ETF by $10 / month of completed service, but that still leaves you with an $85 ETF if you cancel in your last month.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I was thinking more along the lines of how long I'm going to have left on my contract by the time the new model comes out and how much it will cost em to upgrade unless I want to wait until my contract is up.
Last year I paid $499- but my contract period reset. So, I am only a year in. Do not expect much help this year and the contract will reset again. Welcome to AT&T.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Pretty sure that ETF is prorated over the course of a contracts life. There was some legal issues that forced carriers to change their stance on ETF ( here in the states ). For AT&T's previous $175 ETF, it would go down $5 / month of completed service, so were you to cancel on your last month, you'd have a fee of $55 instead of $175. I found a reference that claims AT&T will reduce the $325 ETF by $10 / month of completed service, but that still leaves you with an $85 ETF if you cancel in your last month.
So the average across all contracts will be about $175-, or about the amount of the subsidy.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Last year I paid $499- but my contract period reset. So, I am only a year in. Do not expect much help this year and the contract will reset again. Welcome to AT&T.

This happened to my brother in law. He paid the unsubsidized price...but his contract reset, so he would still have to wait two years (or so) till he could upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods