Bought 3GS on Launch Date? when will you be upgrade eligible?

zizo79

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I bought my 3GS last year when it was launched and I just found out that I wont be upgrade eligible (@ discounted price) until 11/19/10 which will suck considering the fact that the new iPhone will be out between mid June and July.
Was anyone able to get AT&T to change the date to bbecome upgrade eligible? I pay over $160 on 2 iPhones ?

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I was able to get my upgrade date changed, but that was because they had made a mistake when swapping numbers, but not plan. My line which is the second one wasn't available to upgrade till after my contract ended. Other than finding a mistake they make, I think you may be sol on that one.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
You need not worry. As before, when the next iPhone is announced in a couple weeks AT&T will push your upgrade date up. Just be patient and you shall see.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I do pay more than $100 on one line...plus I have another iPhone on my plan

I'd have to say that yes you will qualify on that line but probably not on the other line. There's always a chance they will be more lenient but we don't know for sure.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
It seems AT&T has been more generous this year with upgrade rollbacks for most early 3GS adopters, but with my corp. discount on my line I'm still under $100 a month which means I will have to suck it up and pay top dollar for my upgrade again this year.

sirchip

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
It seems AT&T has been more generous this year with upgrade rollbacks for most early 3GS adopters, but with my corp. discount on my line I'm still under $100 a month which means I will have to suck it up and pay top dollar for my upgrade again this year.

AAAHH...so this is probably why i dont qualify until October since im on a corporate plan as well.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Anyone think they will allow most people to upgrade to lock them in for another 2 years at the higher breach rate of $350 to keep them from going to Verizon in 2011?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone think they will allow most people to upgrade to lock them in for another 2 years at the higher breach rate of $350 to keep them from going to Verizon in 2011?

I personally think they will allow most customers to upgrade at the $199 or $299 price points. But I could be very very wrong. We'll see what happens.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, I am hoping I get mine pushed to. I bought the iPhone on launch day last year and pay $100 a month usually, sometimes $98, so I am thinking I can get Rogers to push it either way.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, I am hoping I get mine pushed to. I bought the iPhone on launch day last year and pay $100 a month usually, sometimes $98, so I am thinking I can get Rogers to push it either way.

I don't think you have too much to worry about with Rogers. They are pretty lenient. Last year my plan was about $90 average, I purchased my 3G on Jul 11th 2008, and I was allowed to upgrade.

Apple Ifad

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought the 3gs on launch day, my upgrade date is November. Oh well, guess thats a good thing, it will stop me from doing anything impulsive:rolleyes:

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you have too much to worry about with Rogers. They are pretty lenient. Last year my plan was about $90 average, I purchased my 3G on Jul 11th 2008, and I was allowed to upgrade.

Ok, I hope so lol. I do not want to pay the full price. What was the upgrade price for the 3GS form 3G anyway. I couldn't find it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal