• Case-Mate: Gelli Case

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Case-Mate: Smooth Case

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MobiCoder

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten an iPhone for my niece for her 12 birthday and I need a case. I know she hates my Otterbox defender and my AGFindings HSD hustler because well she's 11 she doesn't want functionality or protection, she like's small and pretty. So I know I need a thin case. I was looking at my usual stops and I found AGF and case-mate seem to have the best select of thin cases.

I've narrowed it down to 6 case. 3 for each of the store and I would like to know which is generally better. They're all around the same price so I'm not sure which to get.

Here is a quick list of what I'm look at buying
AGF: Commando Case, Floral Gel Case, or Tri-Carbon Gel Case
C-M: Barely There Case, Gelli Case, or Smooth Case

I'm also open to suggestions of other brands and models

Thanks

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Barely There! for this kid, for obvious reasons

if i had it my way i'd not use one at all but i'm way too paranoid

MobiCoder

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
@BLiNK: Please define "obvious reasons"?

@Jellotime91: She did good on her FCAT here in Florida, I talked with her mother (my sister) and she said she wanted one. Besides my niece keeps stealing mine to play Tap Tap Revenge.

@CorvZ061: She doesn't know she is getting it. shhhhh ;)

@sting7k: Looks just like the Barely There. What makes it stand out?

RonHC

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh god, this is how technology is wrongly used *No offense to your niece cause it was a gift"
A kid does not need an iPhone, One time when i went to my cousin's middle school, i see these group of kids with their iPhones just bragging and talking some native language [hip hop type i guess] which i guess is the "cool thing" these kids do and it just seems wrong. And to think these kids beg to their parents to buy them an iPhone to just to be cool*, what happen to the good old days where you didnt need a certain expensive device to fit in. i mean an iPod Touch is ok
I say iPhone's are for people who can take responsibility, not for some 10 year old kids who let their parents pay their unlimited texting and data plan or what not. IMO

Did i get off topic?

MobiCoder

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
@RonHC: Off topic yes. But still relevant. I understand your concerns and their will be restrictions with the phone. I feel the same way but it comes down to structure. She knows that in the event she uses it at school, goes over here texting limit (no she does not get unlimited) there will be a consequence. Yes it is annoying when people receive gifts and praise when the minimum qualifications are birth right but as I stated before she did very good on the Florida Comprehensive Academic Test (FCAT) and she didn't know she was getting the phone. So excellence without the promise of reward is commendable. And no, she will not know the iTunes store password.

RonHC

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
@RonHC: Off topic yes. But still relevant. I understand your concerns and their will be restrictions with the phone. I feel the same way but it comes down to structure. She knows that in the event she uses it at school, goes over here texting limit (no she does not get unlimited) there will be a consequence. Yes it is annoying when people receive gifts and praise when the minimum qualifications are birth right but as I stated before she did very good on the Florida Comprehensive Academic Test (FCAT) and she didn't know she was getting the phone. So excellence without the promise of reward is commendable. And no, she will not know the iTunes store password.

I'm glad for your Niece

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen