Need help on this one.

We are moving and T-mobile does not serve the new location so I purchased an AT&T family plan. We have three iphones so I got free AT&T phones with the new plan, transferred the SIMs over to the iphones and all is working for standard phone calls.

Except, I signed my phone number up for the AT&T Family Data Plan for $10/month, but I can not get data service with my iPhone.

To test it, I put the SIM back into the free phone and was able to get internet service. For some reason this is not working on the iphone.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    05-19-2010 06:24 PM
    iPhone requires an iPhone data plan. It won't work with the $10 media net data plan
    05-19-2010 06:31 PM
    call your service provider
    05-19-2010 06:31 PM
    iPhone requires an iPhone data plan. It won't work with the $10 media net data plan
    On T-Mobile, a "smartphone data plan" will do.
    05-19-2010 06:32 PM
    We used to be on T-Mobile and I had the $5.99 data plan and it worked fine. Slow but it did work.
    That's why I don't understand why the AT&T Family Data Plan does not work.
    05-20-2010 09:18 AM
    Because AT&T wants you to spend an additional $30/month for an iPhone data plan, and even jailbroken they can tell that you're on an iPhone.
    05-20-2010 10:00 AM
    I'm a relative newbie so this is probably a stupid question . . . I hope this does not appear to be a thread hijack.

Since you got new free phones from AT&T you probably signed up for some level of contract, right? But since you already had your own phones I don't think you needed to do this.

Did AT&T require you to sign a contract?

Just wondering, thanks.
    05-20-2010 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD