Is anyone else excited about the possibility of having some new notification sounds like SMS and email when the new iPhone is released? I know it is a small piece of the puzzle, but for that same reason I am surprised Apple has not given iPhone users a wider variety.

I hate being in a room with 5 iPhone owners and having all of us reach for our phones every time someone receives a text. "Was that you or me"?

I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    05-19-2010 12:24 PM
    It would be nice, but I'm not putting my money on it.
    05-19-2010 12:27 PM
    It would be nice, but I'm not putting my money on it.
    It would be cool if this new iPhone had its own iconic sounds. Time for a change!
    05-19-2010 12:33 PM
    Doubtful, just like adjustable sound volumes for each app like mail, SMS or the like. I know jailbreaking can do it, but I don't JB.
    05-19-2010 12:45 PM
    I am skeptical as well, I suspect all the sounds will be the same.
    05-19-2010 12:48 PM
    the 4.0 beta has all the same sounds so im assuming that because the new iphone will run 4.0 it too will have the same sounds
    05-19-2010 04:18 PM
    The sounds aren't going to change.
    However there ARE a few text sounds you can choose from if you really want a different sound.
    05-19-2010 04:20 PM
    One of THE main reasons why I jailbreak. Sometimes I don't "get" Apple. Why not implement something seemingly so simplistic? And why not do it from day one?
    05-19-2010 05:55 PM
    One of THE main reasons why I jailbreak. Sometimes I don't "get" Apple. Why not implement something seemingly so simplistic? And why not do it from day one?
    My thought exactly. I do not understand why they don't just add a few on. It seems to be a simple way to address the serious lack of customization of the iPhone. Do not get me wrong I love my iPhone, I just don't understand Apples thinking on this one.

And I know there are a few sounds available to choose from, but they are all pretty ridiculous. I really do not want a bike horn honking every time I get a text.
    05-19-2010 06:38 PM
    i'd be really curious as to what sms tone Stevie Jobs is using...
    05-19-2010 09:04 PM
    i'd be really curious as to what sms tone Stevie Jobs is using...
    Honestly, there's no freaking way Steve even uses an iPhone, at least not the same iPhone we all use. Steve is rocking some ultra-customizable, multitasking, SD-card-having, special notification system boasting iPhone Pro. His SMS tones are probably a brainwave that doesn't even have a sound and you just KNOW you have a text. Haha.

If Steve was using the same iPhone as the rest of us, he'd know what we hate about it and we wouldn't have to jailbreak.
    05-19-2010 09:42 PM
    Honestly, there's no freaking way Steve even uses an iPhone, at least not the same iPhone we all use. Steve is rocking some ultra-customizable, multitasking, SD-card-having, special notification system boasting iPhone Pro. His SMS tones are probably a brainwave that doesn't even have a sound and you just KNOW you have a text. Haha.

If Steve was using the same iPhone as the rest of us, he'd know what we hate about it and we wouldn't have to jailbreak.
    hahaha! yeah, as crazy as it sounds i think you're right!

surely he has had to have said to himself "god, these tones are boring"
    05-19-2010 10:04 PM
    His iPhone is actually hardwired right into his brain.
    05-20-2010 01:22 PM
    I love my phone but cant figure out why something as simple as assigning your own mms tones has been left out, I dont see what the big deal is I mean you can add your own ringtones, why not sms/mms tones ??
    05-21-2010 09:08 AM
    I love my phone but cant figure out why something as simple as assigning your own mms tones has been left out, I dont see what the big deal is I mean you can add your own ringtones, why not sms/mms tones ??
    I feel your pain man, GIVE US NEW SOUNDS STEVE!
    05-21-2010 11:11 AM
    Now that half of you have the new iPhone, can anyone tell me if there is any new available ringtones or SMS sounds?
    06-25-2010 09:56 PM
    And I'm stuck with the same ol' email tone that I can't hear in a noisy room. I think I'm more upset about that than the signal glitch.
    06-25-2010 10:06 PM
    Now that half of you have the new iPhone, can anyone tell me if there is any new available ringtones or SMS sounds?
    in the esteemed words of Steve Jobs: "Nope"
    06-25-2010 10:07 PM
    in the esteemed words of Steve Jobs: "Nope"
    This kills me! It would be so easy...
    06-26-2010 01:12 AM
    My thought exactly. I do not understand why they don't just add a few on. It seems to be a simple way to address the serious lack of customization of the iPhone. Do not get me wrong I love my iPhone, I just don't understand Apples thinking on this one.

And I know there are a few sounds available to choose from, but they are all pretty ridiculous. I really do not want a bike horn honking every time I get a text.
    I REALLY need the ability to set specific tones for texts from a specific sender (my office)... since my cell phone is also my pager, I need to be able to hear the "pager" whenever it goes off. I don't mind a bike horn for a work page, but I sure don't want that every time I get a text from anyone. C'mon, Steve, give us what we want/need. Puhleeze?
    06-26-2010 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD