I have jailbroken with spirit on my 3gs and am not planning on using winterboard, see how it goes. i am using bosspaper but its not the same with the dock still there, is there a download that i can use to get rid?
    thanks
    05-19-2010 09:16 AM
    Hmm... I really don't think there is, because most simply rely on winterboard for most if not all visual changes. Can I ask though, why are you avoiding winterboard? When used in moderation, winterboard has almost no effect on CPU.
    05-19-2010 10:26 AM
    Hmm... I really don't think there is, because most simply rely on winterboard for most if not all visual changes. Can I ask though, why are you avoiding winterboard? When used in moderation, winterboard has almost no effect on CPU.
    Realy? I though even with a minimal theme, there was a little lag but that was on my 3g. I only used glassklart theme and no other stuff from winterboard and it wasnt as slow as when i had a full theme and all the extras. Guess with it being a 3gs it mite not be as slow? Can u recomend any other minimalist themes like glassklart?
    05-19-2010 11:14 AM
    I tend not to use a "theme", because typically the full themes do effect CPU because people make them so gaudy and try to replace as many icons as possible and they are messily organized...

I like to keep things super simple and have no effect on CPU, so I use "Old Dock", "Reflective Dock", and "Infinidock" for the look I have, then I just use User Wallpaper in Winterboard to set the snow leopard background.

And, jailbreak is QUITE different on the 3GS than it is on the 3G. I use quite a few jailbreak apps and it's still extremely fast and snappy as usual. It's a very resilient device. Much much faster than the 3G.
    05-19-2010 11:38 AM
    I tend not to use a "theme", because typically the full themes do effect CPU because people make them so gaudy and try to replace as many icons as possible and they are messily organized...

I like to keep things super simple and have no effect on CPU, so I use "Old Dock", "Reflective Dock", and "Infinidock" for the look I have, then I just use User Wallpaper in Winterboard to set the snow leopard background.

And, jailbreak is QUITE different on the 3GS than it is on the 3G. I use quite a few jailbreak apps and it's still extremely fast and snappy as usual. It's a very resilient device. Much much faster than the 3G.
    Thanks alot, very informative. You wouldnt happen to kno what the battery percentage download is called. it puts a little number 99% next to the battery. cant seem to find it now.
    05-19-2010 11:46 AM
    You wouldnt happen to kno what the battery percentage download is called. it puts a little number 99% next to the battery.
    Wouldn't that be under settings, general, usage and then flip the switch on where it says battery percentage? Or were you wanting a third party app to do that for you?
    05-19-2010 11:58 AM
    Thanks alot, very informative. You wouldnt happen to kno what the battery percentage download is called. it puts a little number 99% next to the battery. cant seem to find it now.
    ghost face is right, it's in the settings under usage I believe. It's built-in on the 3GS.
    05-19-2010 12:02 PM
    SSH into your phone and replace the following files:

Code:
    /System/library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/SBDockBG.png
    /System/library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/SBDockBG2.png
    With blank .png files, both 320x91 resolution
    05-19-2010 12:59 PM
    thanks guys, i have just instaled winterboard and removed the dock with it. Doesnt seem to be any slow down yet. I use bosspaper for the wallpaper so wont be using a theme. cheers
    05-20-2010 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD