Does anyone know, is the silent switch on the iPhone covered under Applecare? Considering extending it on my 3GS, but mostlyfor the switch. I'm a journalist, and I attend a lot of meetings, and need to be able to put the phone on silent. I've known a few people that have had the switch break. I'm wiling to pay for the warranty if it will cover the switch, should it break.
    05-18-2010 10:11 PM
    Yes it is. I had one stp working and got a replacement.
    05-18-2010 10:22 PM
    Does anyone know, is the silent switch on the iPhone covered under Applecare? Considering extending it on my 3GS, but mostlyfor the switch. I'm a journalist, and I attend a lot of meetings, and need to be able to put the phone on silent. I've known a few people that have had the switch break. I'm wiling to pay for the warranty if it will cover the switch, should it break.
    There were a number of posts about 6 months ago about the silent switch not working or falling off completely, and it was 100% covered by Apple.
    05-19-2010 01:37 PM
    Awesome. Thanks! Definitely buying Applecare now. Gotta get the 3GS last until the 5th generation comes out next year.
    05-19-2010 06:16 PM
    Awesome. Thanks! Definitely buying Applecare now. Gotta get the 3GS last until the 5th generation comes out next year.
    That's like, auto asphyxiation haha... I couldn't keep this phone for a whole year more when I see everyone walking around with that beastly iPhone HD...
    05-19-2010 06:34 PM
    That's like, auto asphyxiation haha... I couldn't keep this phone for a whole year more when I see everyone walking around with that beastly iPhone HD...
    Yeah, don't do that to yourself man. That's just torture.
    05-19-2010 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD