Warranty Question

MacPhonev4

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have an iphone 3g. The warranty expires in June. Can I renew the warranty for an additional 2 years with apple care?

ps. I bought this phone from ebay like a week ago.

also when I check the warranty on the apple website it says its under limited warranty and technical support ran out already.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
No, just one year max. The previous owner would have to transfer the warranty over to you, at least I think they do.

No, Apple does sell extended warranty for iPhone. It costs about $69 and I think you can buy it at Best Buy or the Apple store, you can buy it up until your one year warranty runs out, but NOT after.

And no, the owner does not have to transfer warranty to you. The information is server-side. If you have an iPhone under warranty even if someone else bought it first and activated it in their name, you can still get a replacement. Remember when that guy stole someone's iPhone and got a replacement iPhone under warranty, and Apple let him? Yeah. Warranty does not need to be transferred with Apple products.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
As you know, Applecare is Apple's two years extended warranty.

Providing your iPhone is still under its one year warranty you can purchase Applecare from Apple.

Unfortunately for you, as the original Warranty on your phone has expired, you are not eligible for Applecare.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
As you know, Applecare is Apple's two years extended warranty.

Providing your iPhone is still under its one year warranty you can purchase Applecare from Apple.

Unfortunately for you, as the original Warranty on your phone has expired, you are not eligible for Applecare.

You're wrong.
"tech support" section of the warranty only lasts for 3 months, the rest of the warranty remains in-tact for the full year.

The OP's warranty has NOT run out yet.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
You're wrong.
"tech support" section of the warranty only lasts for 3 months, the rest of the warranty remains in-tact for the full year.

As stated by Apple:

"Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support.1 The AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone. Just one phone call can help answer questions related to the iPhone OS, Apple-branded iPhone applications, and interconnectivity between your iPhone and your Mac or PC"

The OP's warranty has NOT run out yet.

Point taken - my reply was a couple of weeks premature! :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2